Hope > Levi Ackerman <

Captain Hei-chuuuuu!>.<

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

It wasn't supposed to be this way, you were absolutely terrified and you had no one to turn to.
You made a vow to yourself; don't make friends. Nothing of the sort was to be gained in the survey corps and you loathed the thought of getting close to another person only for them to leave you because of the titans outside the walls. Or even worse, you leave them and they grief and mourn over your death.

You never wanted to make someone go through that so you kept to yourself and hardly spoke but then everything changed when the survey corps; along with yourself, had another expedition in hopes to the rid the areas around the walls of titans. You were to travel through the land and slaughter as many as you could, only if the situation deemed it necessary.

You stuck to the formation in the back left area along with other more skilled and experienced soldiers. You had previously graduated from the 104th trainee squad and also watched as Eren Jaeger transformed into a titan in the battle of Trost.
It honestly scared you shitless but it was so amazing, you felt closer to succeeding your goal that was shared among all soldiers in the military; you were a step closer to saving humanity, even if it was an incredibly small step considering the amount of titans.
Eren fought the other titans and saved a lot of soldiers too, he went on a rampage and for the first time ever, a titan fought another titan.

You exited the walls as commander Erwin begun the expedition, all soldiers ran together before breaking into formation and your heart was pounding in your ears,
"Begin formation!"

You listened to your commander and broke away to get into your position. Your horse continued to run as you scrunched it's mane in your sweaty palm, "Cadet, don't forget to breathe!"
You squeaked in surprise and turn to the right to see the soldier next to you, you didn't know his name since you never bothered to learn any of the peoples names here. That would mean you were a step closer to being friends and that wasn't going to happen.
You nodded in response to his words but you breath was immediately sucked out of you when you heard those familiar steps.

It was a titan, running by you about one hundred metres away and it was a seven metre class. You shakily grabbed your flare to fire it above your head until you jumped when wearing one was already being fired. The yellow gas flew into the air as the abnormal came nearer, your breath was leaving your brain and you had forgotten to breathe. You saw nothing but the titan and finally after spotting you and hearing the flare, it was closer.

"Get ready soldiers, let's take this bastard down!"

They screamed with strength and confidence, they had faith in themselves and the people around them. Something you severely lacked. You turned your head to face in front of you and finally drew in a breath when watching a small building come into your vision. They were small stone houses and you hoped you could hide in there if the situation turned bad.

You brought your two hands across your body to bring out your swords, shivering when the cool metal met your heated skin. You steadily stood on your horse and watched when the man who led this section of the formation, used his 3DMG to glide across to the titan and cut the back of it's foot. It fell with a huge 'thump' on the ground, face-planting and you wanted to smile when the other soldier sliced the back of it's neck.

You wanted to smile, you couldn't remember the last time you had smiled but now you remained crouched on your horse while you were fully unaware of the titan that had been hiding within the buildings. You heard the steps and it's growling too. The man-eating monster did nothing but smile and swing it's hand straight in front of you.