Chapter One

*Chloee's P.O.V*
The yellow cab pulls to a stop, making me look out the crystal clear window and see a beautiful brown cabin. There's a front porch, with stairs in the center, and roses lining the edge of the porch. Clearly someone has a green thumb and I know it's not Sam. I chuckle quietly to myself and unbuckle the seatbelt. I grab my bag and pull out some money, giving the driver exact change before exiting the cab. While the driver gets out and gathers my duffle and suit case, I let my bag hang on my shoulder and stair at the house. The driver drops my things on the dirt road, mumbling a quiet "good luck" before getting back in his car and driving away.

Praying that my heart won't beat out of my chest, I plant the duffle over my free shoulder and pick up the suitcase with the handle before I make my way to the steps. I really hope no one can hear my heart exploding, I thought to myself as I made my way up the stairs and to the front door. Hesitating for a moment, I bring my right hand knuckles to the wooden door and knock. I bounce my right leg, a tell tale sign that I am nervous, as I hear foot steps make their way to the door. Don't be Sam, don't be Sam, I thought anxiously, knowing that he'll just slam the door in my face. To my luck, a gorgeous girl with tanned skin opens the door. Beautiful black hair cascades down her petite shoulders. I turn my attention to her smiling face, her smile reaching her brown eyes, noticing a few scars across her right cheek  but she is gorgeous.

"Hi, can I help you?" She asks, her smile still present.
I look around, trying to gather my thoughts before my brown eyes meet hers. "I, um, I uh.." I shake my head and squeeze my eyes shut. "I'm Chloee Matthews--Uley. Chloee Uley," I look at her, "I'm Sam Uleys step sister." My bottom lip gets captured between my teeth as I study her face. Confusion. She's confused because Sam probably never told her about his annoying step sister. Shocker.

A sigh escapes my lips as I drag a hand through my long, curly red hair. Part of me was worried that my pale skin with get burned in the sun, but for two reasons I knew that wouldn't happen. Reason number one: I was wearing ripped jeans, black converse, and my favorite dark red, plaid cardigan with a black tank underneath. Reason number two: it was cloudy and looked like it was about to rain. No shock there, I'm in La Push, Washington. A place where sunshine is so rare, people celebrate when it appears. I shake my head, clearing all my rambling thoughts and look back at the girl who was still confused.

"Look," a huff escapes my lips, "just tell him I was here. I need a place to stay and if he wants to contact me and find out why I'm here, he has my number." I smile softly at the beautiful lady and turn around with my suitcase in hand, making my way towards the stairs.

"Wait," a soft, gentle voice nearly shouts. I slowly turn on my heals, an eyebrow raised waiting for her to continue. "Umm, come in. He's out now but he should be home soon." A gentle smile appears on her face and I return it.
"Thanks.." I mumble quietly before walking towards the door, a door she opened more to let me in, before entering the house.

I nearly gasp in awe. The outside was beautiful and it was gorgeous on the inside. Simple but beautiful at the same time. To my left is a small kitchen, a dining room right in front of me. A yellow table with matching chairs sitting in the center. To my right is a teal colored staircase, leading to the bedrooms I was guessing. Straight ahead there was a living room with a simple brown couch and a tv against the wall and I'm sure there was more to the house than I can see. Like I said, simple but beautiful.

"Please, take a seat." Her voice takes me out of my thoughts, I look at her and smile softly before I place my suitcase and duffle next to the door, making my way to the yellow wooden chairs and pull one out before taking a seat.
"Sam never told me he had a step sister." I almost rolled my eyes. Almost.

"Our parents eloped when I was twelve and he was sixteen. He hated me since I walked through the front door. End of story." I shrug and look into a kitchen where two glasses were getting water poured into them before she grabs them and brings them over to the table, setting them down.

"Isn't Sam's dad dead?" She asks and I nod.
"Four years ago he had a heart attack." I look down at the cup in my hands, " I was fourteen."
Silence falls between us and I take a sip of my water.

"Why are you here?" She asks. I sigh and close my eyes. "My mom and I were in a car crash.. She died on impact.." A gasp escapes her lips and places a tanned hand over my pale on. "I am so sorry to hear that." I look up at her and smile, not daring to say anything.

"Is that- is that how you got a boot on your leg?" She asks and I nod.

"Yeah, but it's not as bad as it looks." I shrug, rubbing my left forearm where one of my stitches are. She nods and takes a sip of her water, another silence entering the room.
"I'm Emily, Sam's fiancée." Emily breaks the silence and I look up at her. Fiancée.

I was about to say something when the front door opened and eight tall, muscular, tanned boys enter; a girl in the mix. The boys go and take a seat around the table, all of them talking over each other while the girl leans against the wall and watches them. No one noticing my presence. One of the boys walk straight over to Emily and gives her a kiss on the lips. Sam. I grit my teeth together, my nerves coming back and my heart beating against my chest. It's him. I tangle my fingers together, trying to find the strength to do something, say something. Emily giggles when he pulled away, her eyes sparkling. Sam has a smile etched on his face, his brown eyes shining just looking at her. That's when he examined the room and he saw me. My breath hitches into my throat, not daring to let me speak.

"Chloee?" Confusion and anger mixed in his voice. That's when everyone just stopped what they were doing and actually examined the unknown person in the room.

I clear my throat and stand up from my chair, standing in front of my giant of a step brother. 6'4, I'm guessing, and I'm 5'6.
I clench and unclench my hands, trying to gather the courage I need to say two words.

"Hi Sam."