Chapter Ten

"I give you an eight and a half, Jared." I shout to Jared as he emerges from the water. Jared throws his hands up in the air, doing an odd happy dance before running back into the woods and up the little path to the cliff. I shake my head, laughing, brushing some sand off of my boot before leaning back in my chair.

We've been here for an hour and a half and the boys aren't bad...but they aren't good either. I've been giving everyone good points to help them build their self-esteem..everyone except Paul and Embry. I don't like being made to do something I don't really want to do.

"How did I do, Rose?" Jacob asks, sitting next to me on a towel. I look at him through my sunglasses, eyebrows raised. Today is one of those rare sunny days in La Push and I'm basking in the sun! I'm wearing my favorite white bikini, strapless sweetheart top with a simple bottom.

"Rose?" I ask him, tilting my head. He shrugs, nodding with a growing smile on his face as he replies, "Yeah.. You're cheeks turn a rose color when you're outside in the cold too long or you get embarrassed.. Actually, I think your cheeks are always rosy." I smile and look down at my lap, trying to hide the blush creeping on my cheeks with my curly red hair.

"See? Just like that.." Jacob says, grabbing my chin with his left hand, making me turn my head to the left and look at him. His warm hand stays on my chin, moving up and resting against my right cheek. I rest my head in his hand as we make eye contact, my heart beating erratically in my chest. What is happening to me with this boy?

"Three." I tell him, making him drop his hand from my face. "What?" He asks, tilting his face. I take in a deep breath, my heart calming down and I smile. I make myself more comfortable in my chair and lean my head back, closing my eyes.

"I give your dive a three." I tell him, opening an eye to catch his reaction. Jacob frowns and stands up. "Three? Really?" He asks, leaning over and resting his hands on the arms of my chair, his face inches from mine. My heart picks up again and I nod.

"Yup.. Is that the best you can do, Black?" I ask him, grinning. Jacob chuckles and shakes his head before pushing himself away from me.

"Oh, watch me do better, Uley." He says, winking at me before running towards the woods just as Paul jumps off the cliff and I grin.

"I give you a fifteen, Paul!" I shout at him as he swims towards shore. Paul cheers, breaking the scale we were on– the scale of 1-10– and I hear Jacob groan.

"Try harder, Black!" I shout at him, resting my head and closing my eyes.

"Just you wait and see, Uley!" He shouts as he runs into the woods and over to the little path that leads to the cliff, just like Jared.

I laugh to myself as I hear more boys jump off the cliff, cheering as they fly through the air. These boys.. Oh, and Leah. Can't forget Leah, my Lee Lee..

~*~

"Guys, be quiet or you'll wake her up." I hear someone hiss. A soft groan escapes my lips as I snuggle my face deeper into the unknown persons neck.

The persons arms squeeze tighter around my waist and under my knees, making me dig my fingers into their chest.

"Fine, we won't wake up your precious Rose." I hear someone being sarcastic. Probably Quil.. No wait, Embry. Embry is more sarcastic than Quil. I know that for a fact.

"Shut up." I hear the person carrying me mumble as he walks us up the stairs and into an unknown place. We're probably back at Sam and Emily's, I think to myself as I hear the floor groan with the added weight.