Chapter Thirty One

I exit my room, the smell of pancakes taking in my senses as I move my socked feet down the hallway, my blush pink shorts exposing my legs and my matching sports bra is underneath my white, zipped up jacket.

Last night ended on a good note. We all sat around the living room, chatted, caught up, and I asked them about their wolf stuff. They're naturally warmer than normal - which explains a lot -, they can hear each other's thoughts in wolf form - don't know how I would handle it if I was one of them -, how they can hear everything because of their heightened senses - which kinda makes me scared and wonder what they hear from me -, and it's rare to imprint - so not only is my hair color rare but so is the fact that I'm someone's imprint. However, I can't share that with anyone...at least I have my hair.

They went into more detail about Jacob imprinting on me and his thoughts - thoughts I could probably live without knowing, so I made up an excuse that I was tired because I was getting flustered; but I hope that they didn't know that - even though they probably did. And me getting flustered never happens. But, sadly, the nightmares came back so I didn't really sleep. Maybe I should sleep on the couch. Maybe that's why I didn't have nightmares a few nights ago.

"Helloo? Earth to Chloee?" Kim shouts in my face, waving a hand in front of it. I blink, bringing myself out of my thoughts as the beautiful tanned skin girl takes in my sight. I smile at her before stepping down from the last step, making my way around her.

"Umm, okay.. I'll bite. What's up?" She asks and I turn around, an eyebrow raised.

"What do you mean?" I ask, crossing my arms, the guys watching the scene unfold. Leah isn't out here so she must be in the kitchen with Emily.

"You're daydreaming." She states and I tilt my head.

"No I'm not."
"Yes you are."
"No, I'm thinking."

"What are you thinking then?" She pries and I roll my eyes.

"The nightmares came back and I was trying to figure out why." I answer, watching the little smirk on her face disappear.

"Did you think of anything?" She asks, walking over to Jared before sitting on his lap. I could have that kind of relationship with Jac- shut it. No.

I shake my head, disappearing that thought before smiling innocently. "Well, I was thinking that maybe it's the couch.. Maybe it has magical powers or something. And I'm almost convinced because if werewolves and vampires exist, why can't magic carpets and couches exist too?" I shrug, taking the empty seat next to Collin.

Everyone starts to laugh. Hard. So, I pout, crossing my arms and lean back in my seat. "It's not the couch." Embry states, leaning forward to rest his elbows on the table. He's sitting across from me.

"Then what is it?" I ask, curious about his theory.

Everyone points their fingers to a blushing Jacob and I look at him, still not getting it. "Jacob?" I ask, confusion in my voice.

"It's the imprint, hot stuff." Embry finishes, sending me a wink and I lightly chuckle, shaking my head.

"Call me hot stuff one more time and see what I'll do." I threaten and he raises his hands in the air, leaning back in his seat.

"You can't do anything to harm me. I'm indestructible." He smirks, crossing his arms.

"If you want to have kids one day, I suggest that you shut up." I say, watching his smirk disappear from his face.

"I'll take that suggestion.." He mumbles, making me smirk.

I hear a chair squeak across the floor, making me turn my head to see Jacob moving. He's standing up from the end of the table, walking over to me. "Good morning." He says, kissing me on the head.