Chapter Seven

A/N: Good morning everyone!! I hope that everyone enjoyed their weekends and you guys will have a great week! Enjoy this chapter and please, leave comments. I love hearing from you guys.

So, Sam finally got a bed in the spare room and I've been laying here awake for what seems like forever. I didn't sleep a wink last night.

Whatsoever.

That's right, you guessed it! Jacob was right and it was thundering really bad last night. What made it worse is the fact that we live in the middle of the woods and the trees freaked me out. Don't ask because I don't want to answer. Rather not get embarrassed.

Anyways, I've been laying here and it's 6:43am and if I didn't have this stupid boot on, I'd be getting up and getting ready to go for a run. But I couldn't. Because of the boot. The stupid boot. Screw you boot.

So, here I am, laying in this very comfortable bed. I don't hear any noises coming from downstairs and I dare not to move until someone else is up and at it.

That is when I made my decision; I'll go outside and enjoy the morning with a hot cup of peppermint tea. I got up and out of my warm bed, exposing my grey leggings and beige long sleeve. I place my hair in a messy bun-and I'm surprisingly really good at doing them- before standing up. I approach my closet, grabbing a long, light grey cotton cardigan and put it on before grabbing my phone, sketch pad, and colored pencils.

Slowly and quietly, I exit the bedroom and walk down the narrow hall and towards the stairs-passing Sam and Emily's room in the process- before descending the stairs. Placing my sock covered foot and boot on the floor, I let them guide me from the dining area and into the kitchen.

There, I place my phone on the counter and grab a small pot off of the drying rack and fill it with water before placing it on the stove; turning on the fire after. I cross the kitchen over to the cabinet that holds the mugs, I'm guessing, and open it. Wrong cabinet. I close it, frowning and open another cabinet. The bowels and plates have two separate cabinets, odd. I sigh and continue to rummage through the kitchen, in hopes to find the mugs.
-
The water boiled and after searching two other cabinets, I finally find the mugs and made my peppermint tea with some sugar. Currently, I am outside in the back on the porch and I'm sitting in the beautiful cushioned rocking chair with my knees drawn up to my side, my feet tucked under my bum. My hot cup of tea is on the side table, with my phone, and I'm admiring the beautiful scenery in front of me.

The sky is a gorgeous mix between yellow, orange, blue, and purple; I caught the sunrise. Even though I didn't see it, I caught the wonderful colors spreading themselves across the clear sky. There's a small clearing in between the tall trees and I can see a little river in the back. The birds are chirping, there's a gentle breeze, and it's the most beautiful I have ever seen La Push.

Looking back down to my sketch pad, I add in the river; my drawing nearly done. It's amazing what you can get on paper in a matter of minutes. The sky, the trees, even the tiny details on the ground or in the trees, every single thing is captured on paper and I'm blessed to hold the talent to do exactly that.

Yet again, I'm blessed to have all of the talents I possess. I can sing, draw, dance, play the piano. Heck, I know MMA.... Let's just say that my mom wanted the best for me. As soon as we left Kentucky, she enrolled me in a program to learn all of those things and more. However, when we moved to La Push, I had to stop the program. But my mom always made sure that I had a teacher in the afternoons when I was done school. I will be forever grateful for my mom and everything she's done for me. I miss you mom and I love you.

"Morning." Emily's sweet voice breaks the silence, causing me to turn my attention from my drawing to her. I smile at her when our eyes meet and turn my attention back to the color fading sky. "Morning" I say back to her before placing my sketch next to my mug before grabbing it, taking a long sip of the now warm tea.