Chapter Fifteen

6:45am The clock reads in big, red colors and I sigh, leaning my head against the bay window. Before you ask, yes, I had another nightmare and I'm sitting on the window seat, wrapped in my blanket. It's Wednesday, meaning today's the day my boot gets removed and three more days until the bonfire. I don't know why, but I'm really excited for the bonfire and extremely nervous meeting Jacobs dad.

I sigh and rub my tiresome face, wishing that the bad dream would just go away. My mind is full of questions and scenarios as to why I keep having them and who that unknown person is. The afternoon just can't come fast enough because once this boot is off, I'll go for my long runs to dispose the questions and scenarios; even if it's just for a few hours.

The hallway floors squeak and I snap my head to my door, listening intently to the sound as the person walks down the hallway and towards the stairs. Quietly, I get up and off the window seat before I slowly make my way to my door. The person walks down the stairs and I quietly open my door, exiting and making my way down the hall while I pray that my boot won't give me away. I hear the fridge door open and close, telling me that the person is in the kitchen. I make my way to the top of the stairs as quietly and quickly as I can, sitting down and listening. The person coughs and walks through the dining room and towards the front door, opening it and closing it. Quickly, I make my way down the stairs and through the dining room, towards the front door and opening it. I open the door just in time to see the person emerge into the woods, taking off their shirt doing so; Sam.

I quickly close the door and make it as quiet as I can, turning around and leaning against the wooden door, breathing heavily and looking around the dining room.

Why did he go out into the woods, especially this early?

~*~

I hop out of the steamy shower, literally, my towel wrapped around my body and a towel in my hair. I place myself on the toilet seat, looking at my bruised leg. It may be healed but it's still bruised, a piercing memory about the crash and, luckily, it will only be a temporary thing.

A sigh escapes my lips as I grab a cloth, gently drying my healed but bruised leg before grabbing my boot and placing it on. I stand and dry the rest of my body off before putting on my matching nude undergarments, putting my black Nike tight fitting shorts on after. I walk over to the mirror and look at myself, a small frown on my lips. These scars will forever play the terrible memory in my mind.. I sigh and look down, grabbing my black tank and quickly put it on.

I grab the towel wrapped around my hair and take it off, my wet, curly hair a darker color shows itself as it falls down past my shoulders. My right hand runs through my damp hair and I grab my floral patterned paddle brush, running it through my hair. I part my hair off center by a little to the left.

I place my brush down and stare down at the sink, my hands resting on the counter top and I bite my lip. Where was Sam going and why so early? I think to myself, closing my eyes.

The front door opens and closes, a bunch of people entering and making conversation. They're here.. I think and I push myself away from the sink, grabbing my off-white long cardigan with pockets before gathering my towels and my dirty clothes. I exit the bathroom and make my way down the hall towards my room, opening and closing the door behind me before throwing my dirty clothes in my hamper and placing my towels on their hanger behind my door.

I walk over to my dresser and open a drawer, grabbing a sock and bending down before placing the black Nike sock on my left foot. I close the drawer and grab my coconut scented deodorant, forgetting to put it on, and take my cardigan off halfway before putting a good amount on both armpits. I place the deodorant back on my dresser and walk over to my mirror, looking at myself before turning around and exiting my room.