Chapter Nineteen

5:45am.

I've been up for the past fifteen minutes, sitting at my bay window in my black leggings, black sports bra, and black jacket – with a hoodie– and my black adidas shoes on my feet and I placed my curly hair up in a ponytail. Why? Well, around 6 Sam gets up and goes into the woods and I'm going to follow him.

Now, I've already gone to the bathroom and switched out my tampon(I know, TMI) so I'm just sitting here, waiting to hear Sam get up and leave the house. I'll leave five minutes after him, out the back door and run around the house.

Just as I was going through my plan, I hear the floor boards creak, signaling me that Sam is up. Quickly and quietly, I get up from the seat and make my way towards my bed, grabbing my headphones and phone, placing them in my jacket pocket before walking over to my door. I listen quietly, hearing Sam walk down the stairs. I quietly open my door, slowly walking down the hallway and around the railing, hearing the fridge door open and close. I just stay at the top of the stairs, waiting for the perfect time to walk down the stairs and out the back door.

A minute passes when I hear Sam open the front door and closes it. Quickly, I move down the stairs and into the living room, towards the back door before sliding it open and step out. I close the door gently behind me before running around the house and towards the woods. I run into the area I last saw Sam run into and slow down, looking around before spotting two tall figures, quietly following them. After a couple minutes, I figured it was Sam and Paul, making me confused. My feet gently move around the dirt ground, using trees to hide me while I followed them.

Slowly, the group started to grow and I found out that it's everyone. Everyone except me, Kim, and Emily. What are they doing? I think to myself as I run and hide behind another tree, my back against the bark.

"Jacob and Embry, go north. Seth, Brady, and Collin, go south. Leah and Quil, go east. Paul and Jared, you're going west with me." I hear Sam whisper. I lean my head against the bark, wondering what they're doing and why.

Just as I had that thought, two wolves emerge from my left side, making me press my body more against the tree. One wolf is the same russet one I saw yesterday and the other is a smaller, grey wolf with black spots. Slowly, I slide down the tree, bringing my knees to my chest as I watch them run off in that direction and I release a breath. There's more than one? But more importantly, what happened to the guys?

~*~

My left foot comes in contact with the sand and I exhale before taking in another breath. I've been running since I saw the two wolves, trying to understand a lot of things. Why they're here. Where Sam and the guys went. Why they were out there so early. What they were doing. And what the hell is going on?

My feet continue to hit against the sand, my speed picking up as the song 'Hey Mama' by David Guetta plays through the headphones. I take in another deep breath, exhaling before taking in another breath. I slow down and come to a stop, breathing heavily as I look around at the gorgeous scenery behind me. The sun is now rising, the time being 7:30. I take out a headphone and sit in the sand, my knees bent and my elbows resting against them. No one knows I've been out, they might be worried.. I think to myself, getting up and brushing the sand off before placing my earphone back in, starting back up my run.

I run into the woods and down the little path I found. Running along the path, I jump over a fallen tree before my left foot coming in contact with the dirt ground again. I pick up my pace, running faster as the song 'Confident' by Demi Lovato comes through my headphones, making me turn up the volume some more. I make a sharp right turn, my left foot landing on the ground before my right foot, my left foot kicking up dirt behind me.

Ten minutes and three songs later, I'm approaching the wooden house and I slow down my pace, placing my hands on my hips as I catch my breath. I take out my headphones, walking over to the porch steps and wrap my headphones around my phone before placing it in my jacket pocket. My feet hit the wooden steps as I walk up them and over to the wooden door, twisting the nob before pushing the door open.

"Chloee!" Sam shouts, standing from his spot at the table, practically running over to me. "Where have you been?" I shrug, shifting my weight to my right leg. "I got up around 5:45 and couldn't fall back asleep." I answer his question. "5:45?" He asks and I nod, crossing my arms. "Yeah and I saw you running into the woods." I say, raising my eyebrows.

"Oh, you saw that?" He nervously asks and I nod. "What were you doing?" I ask him and he shrugs. "Don't lie to me." I snap. "Me? Don't lie to you?" Sam says, walking closer to me. "Why didn't you tell me you were still having nightmares?"

I stare at him shocked, looking over at Leah and she mouths a 'sorry', making me shake my head. "Because I'm seventeen! I don't need you to worry about me!" I shout, getting angry. "Why won't you tell me what the hell you were doing this morning?! What all of you were doing?!" I raise my voice, getting done with the white lies. "What do you mean?" Seth asks from his spot at the table and I don't move my gaze from my brother.

"On my run, I came across you all in a circle in the middle of the woods!" I say and Sam chuckles, shaking his head. "Why won't you guys tell me about the wolves?!" I ask, getting to the point. Sam shakes his head, sitting at his spot at the table. "I'm so done." I start, staring at everyone. "Ever since I walked through that front door to come and live here, I've been lied to and I didn't see it before but now," I continue, walking over to the table and place my hands on it, leaning over. "Now I do and I'll be foolish if I continue to be here and be lied to. I know that everyone but me knows your little secrets and I'm done. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... " I trail off, shaking my head and hitting my last nerve.

I push myself away from the table and approach the front door, opening it. "Where are you going?" Sam asks and I shrug, turning around and looking at him. "Outside. Maybe I'll get lost and the wolves will find me and tear me to shreds." I say before stepping outside, slamming the door behind me.

I make it to the edge of the woods when someone grabs my arm, making me turn around. "Are you okay?" He asks and I groan, pulling my arm away from him. "Can you just stop?" I snap at him, getting frustrated. "Stop acting like superman. I'm not a damsel in distress so just leave me alone." I say to Jacob. Sadness crosses his features but I turn around, marching into the woods.

And in that moment I knew, I am so done but I regret snapping at Jacob. But I'm too prideful to apologize...

____________________________
A/N: I just HAD to update! I couldn't wait.. So, here's an update and I hope y'all liked it!

What do you think about Chloee? Is she being stupid? Please leave your comments below! I really do enjoy reading them!

Until next chapter,
C