Chapter Thirty Three

I feel something shift under my head, the hard surface being replaced by something soft and fluffy. Naturally, I turn over onto my other side, squeezing my eyes shut to try and fall back asleep.

But sadly, I fail.

And the only reason is because someone slams a drawer closed before mumbling profanities under their breath. So, accepting the fact that I probably won't fall back asleep, I force one eye open, turn around and look at a stumbling Jacob trying to quickly pull on a new t-shirt. Confused, I lift my head to the small clock he has on the small table next to his bed to read that it says 5:30am. Okay, so I may have been here longer than I hoped but that thought quickly escapes my mind as I wonder why he's up so freaking early.

"Where's the fire?" I groggily mumble, forcing myself to sit up as I rub my face.

The tall, russet skinned boy turns around and smiles, walking over to me before placing a light kiss on my forehead.

"I need to meet up Sam and the others in the woods." He answers, keeping the answer small and simple.

I raise an eyebrow, not fully understanding why the woods. But eventually the answer hits me like a million bricks and it all makes sense. They're going to morph into giant wolves at 5:30am.

A deep chuckle escapes his throat and I quickly look up at him, curious as to why he finds the need to chuckle.

"What?" I whisper shout, not wanting to wake up Billy.

"You said that out loud, Chloee." Jacob whispers back, trying to bite back on another laugh. I roll my eyes and shove him, giving him the cut eye before getting up.

"I'm a slow thinker in the morning.." I mumble, running a hand through my knotted hair. I need a shower..

"What do you think you're doing?" He asks, watching me pull on my shoes.

"I think I'm going to morph into a giant wolf with you guys.." I sarcastically say, rolling my eyes before standing back up.

Jacob chuckles, walking over to me before wrapping his arms around my waist. "Funny. But seriously, what are you doing? You can stay here." He says and I look up at him, seeing a glimpse of hope in his eyes.

I shake my hand, gathering my messy ginger hair to place it in a pony before securing it with a hair tie. "I'm gonna go with you but stay back at the house with Emily." I answer, smiling at him before wiggling my way out of his grasp.

"She might not be up.." Jacob mumbles and I look at him, crossing my arms.

"Either way, I'm going back. Either I'll fall back asleep or talk to Em." I shrug, opening his bedroom door before exiting the small room.

Jacob follows closely behind me as I navigate myself through the tiny house. It didn't take me long to get to the front door and I open it, a gust of cold wind hitting my warm body and I shiver just a little. I place my bare hands on my exposed arms, remembering that I'm in nothing but a t-shirt and sweats. Great.

I step out of the warm house and into the cold weather, waiting for Jacob to lock up the house before meeting me. In a matter of seconds, the familiar heat is warming up my right side and I had to force a sigh of relief from escaping my chapped lips. Instead, I cross my arms and walk alongside with Jacob, neither of us saying a word.

I look around at the quiet of the night, seeing stars that I was once obsessed with when I was just a little girl. I was so obsessed, my mom bought me a telescope to search for different stars; the Big Dipper, O'Brian's Belt. Those were the gold ole days. I shift my gaze from the stars and up at the tops of the trees, how they hide in the darkness of the night. To me, it looks like a piece of art. You can make out little detail from the trees being exposed by the little light and instead of looking creepy, it looks beautiful.