Chapter Thirty

I listen to the waves, the salty water blowing air towards me, giving me a chill but I don't mind. They're crashing down and hitting the sand before being pulled back into the ocean. Some waves are crashing against the rocks, reaching up high to escape the grasp of the sea but keep failing. Other waves are gentle, just going with the flow of the water. They're in no rush to escape, they're enjoying where their at; they're content.

My life is like these waves - except the gentle ones. Every time I get up and gasp for air, I'm pulled back down by a million different things. First, my dad then my mom getting remarried and then her death. Next, I had to move and live with my step brother - who is a werewolf - and get imprinted on. Finally, I run away only to be attacked by a vampire and for Adam - someone who I look up to and love - to end up unconscious. He still hasn't woken up. Dr. Carlisle thinks he may have fallen into a coma.

I stand from my spot on the rocks and slowly make my way back down, my Nike running shoes hitting the stone exterior. I left for a run early this morning and caught the sunrise. So, I found a spot on the rocks and just watched the scenery before me, thinking about my life and what to do. I'm still confused and conflicted. Part of me doesn't want to leave but another part of me does. I want to chase the dream I had with my mom. But should I start a new one? Should I change the dream or keep it?

It's been two days since my outburst. I've been avoiding the guys - except Sam because he's always around - but it's because I need the space. I'm still trying to clear my head, figure things out. These past two days I've been spending with Emily and Kim a little. They both have helped me understand more what the imprinting thing is; what it truly means. I'm the one. His best friend; his soul mate. I am whoever I want to be in his life: a friend, a sister, or even more than that. I could be his wife and have his children if I wanted to. Part of it excites me that I don't have to worry, that I found the one. But another part of it scares me. I have so many things in life I want to do - to accomplish. Is it worth being with someone who I know will love me for eternity and throw away all of my dreams?

Getting lost in my thoughts, my feet guide me back to the wooden house in the forest and before I know it, I'm standing in front of the door and I know there's a pack of wolves on the other side. I fix my black jacket, pulling down the zipper some and it reveals my white sports bra. I pull up my black running pants before grabbing the handle, twisting it before pushing the door open.

"Morning!" Seth says, being the closet to the door and I look over at him.

"Hey Seth." I say, offering him a small smile as I walk past him and towards the stairs.

Everyone started to chat amongst themselves quietly and I wrap my headphones around my phone, getting ready to head up the stairs to shower. It's a nice morning so far..maybe I'll finally have a good day.

"Did you do it?" Jacob asks, walking into the house looking furious. I look over at him, confused as to who he was asking to. Well, scratch that thought.

"Chloee, did you?" He asks again and in comes Paul, an apologetic look crossing his features.

"I don't under-" I start, slowly moving down the stairs to walk towards him but he interrupts me with a shout, making me flinch.

"Don't you dare pretend you don't know what I'm talking about! Paul told me!" He starts to shake and I look over at Paul, trying to put the pieces together when it hits me. And it hits me hard.

"Jacob.." I calmly start, walking over to him as slow as I can after placing my
phone on the steps. "Yes, but let me explain." His look - his expression is pure sadness and anger. He shakes his head at me before turning around and storms out of the house and I follow him.