Chapter 29 - News

HURITT

These are the kind of news I wouldn't mind receiving every day.

"The hiker whom Chris and our guests saved is doing well and is recommending the ranch to everybody," I lift my head to look at Istu who stares at his screen with an odd look. "Are you okay? I don't know if you are worried or surprised."

"A mix of both," he looks at me.

"What is it? You better tell me now before more employees come to register."

"I emailed Josh," he begins with a big sigh.

"Josh, as in your... Special friend?" I ask, not sure how to deal with this.

"Yeah, I thought apologizing by email was the right thing to do as calling him out of the blue and after what I did, didn't seem correct or legal. He wants us to meet soon."

"Istu, do you have feelings for him? You went out with the girl from the front desk a few nights ago."

"She is a great girl, but I can't get him out of my head. I don't know if it's because of the guilt I feel or because I miss him. I think I will know when I see him again."

"Okay, let me get this straight. You like both men and women?"

"So it seems. What do you think of that?" Istu eyes my reaction.

"It's strange for me to be honest. You never showed interest in guys when we were growing up. It will take me some time to get used to the idea, but one thing is for sure, I only want you to be happy."

"Thanks, bro. Right on time," Istu looks towards the staircase.

I hear a rumble of feet and laughter. Employees come in and wish us a good morning and then head to register.

"Good morning, gentlemen."

Rowtag arrives holding hands with Olivia. He looks peaceful and happy, and I feel jealous. It seems life isn't planning to give me a happy ending.

"Good morning," Olivia greets us. "Have a good day," she then gives a small kiss to my brother.

Olivia walks towards the employee lounge to log her work time and Row stares at her back.

"Is this your walk of shame?" I tease him.

"No, because that usually involves wearing the same clothes as the night before, and doing other stuff that I will not discuss here."

"You didn't have sex?" I whisper.

"Let's go inside. Are Grandma and Kit at home?" Rowtag asks.

"She took him out for a car ride. He's been in an awful mood," Istu says while opening the door of our home.

"I didn't have sex with Olivia," Rowtag says once we are inside. "We slept together."

"We are cursed. None of us seems to get any action lately," I say. Istu gives me a mortified look and Rowtag laughs.

"I'm looking forward to the action, but I'm not in a rush. Guys... I'm getting married."

Istu and I look at each other; his mouth hangs open and mine probably as well.

"You stay at her house for two nights, and suddenly you are getting married? What happened to not being in a rush? Row, have you lost your head?" I question him.

Rowtag's mouth curves down. I don't want to hurt him, but this is just crazy.

"I thought you would be happy for me," Rowtag says.