Chapter 39 - Josh

ISTU

My heart makes somersaults in my chest at Josh's sight.

"Josh, what are you doing here? When did you get here?"

"Just this morning. I found a place here in the valley to start the brewery. At the other side of the mountain, across the river. I spotted the place during the trail ride I did with Kitchi a few months ago."

"Are you buying the grounds?" I ask.

"I just did," he shows us the thick envelope in his hand.

"That is great! Oh, where are my manners? Josh, you have met them before informally, but these are my brothers: Rowtag, Huritt, and Chris."

Chris' face shows surprise at the introduction. He might be Kitchi's best friend, but he's also an important person in my life. His advice helped me to rebuild my relationship with Josh.

"I will introduce you to the rest of the family later. Do you want to take a walk?" I ask, and he nods.

I still can't believe he is here. We head outside, and I feel like I'm dreaming.

"Can I kiss you?" The eagerness in his voice is charming. "You probably didn't want me to do it in front of your brothers."

I cup his face and give him a soft kiss. We stand in the middle of the path, and people walk around. Nobody seems to care, me neither.

"My family knows of my feelings for you. My mother doesn't know it yet, and I don't think I will tell her unless it's necessary. She will probably stop talking to me, not that she communicates with me anymore," I chuckle.

"I don't want to get you in trouble with anyone."

"Trust me, she makes enough trouble for everybody."

"I have missed you," he caresses my face.

"I've missed you too. Now, tell me about your plans."

"I have a solid business plan, financing and the grounds. Now I need to find contractors to build the brewery."

"Rowtag can help you there. He has a good relationship with the firm that built the ranch. They are based here in the valley."

"Good to hear. I want everything to be locally sourced as much as possible. I will also employ people from the area."

"Once you are up and running, we can even bring guests on tours like we do with the vineyard. Maybe some beer tasting."

"I would definitely like that. I can easily set up a bar in the brewery."

"And I will be glad to stock inventory at the ranch's supermarket."

"Aren't you the sweetest?" His fingers brush against my jaw. "I also have plans to build a house on the premises."

"You will live here? In the valley?"

"The commute from the city isn't convenient. I will set a trailer and see how long I last."

"I lived in a trailer with Kitchi and Hunter for nine months. It was a necessary evil, but it helped us to keep an eye on everything. I was even using it as an office and conducted most of the initial interviews from there."

"I'm thinking about doing the same."

"And what about your parents? Didn't your dad want you to follow his steps?"

"Not anymore. He finally understands I want to make a name for myself. I've told you before how much I love microbrewing. The beer is refined and almost exclusive. Becoming rich isn't the primary goal here, I want to feel happy about what I do."