Chapter 4: Sexy is the New Black

IV.

"You kissed me last night, and it was absolutely amazing. Are we going to talk about that?"

I froze. "Wow... you really like to be nice and blatant with your questions."

"I want to know." Lauren countered smoothly. "If I'm going to get the chance to do that again."

"And?"

"And if the answer is no, then I'm going to wait patiently until you change your mind." She smiled slyly, running her tongue over her lips. "Because I really... really want to do that again."

"But we just met." I told her teasingly. "How do you already feel so comfortable with me?"

"Hey, may I remind you that you were the one who kissed me, not the other way around?" Lauren's tone turned just as devilish as mine had tried to be. "I could ask you the same thing."

"Alright, let's just skip the explanations so that you can get over here and make it happen." I said softly before turning with a sidelong glance, heading back into the apartment and closing the glass doors between us. Lauren watched without shame as I collapsed back on the couch and curled up in the pile of blankets that remained. The second I heard the door click, my eyes popped open and I drew the dark haired girl and her hungry eyes towards me the a subtle crook of the finger.

The next thing I felt was the true eye of the storm. Her lips were on mine once more, one of her arms wound around me to clutch my arched back to her front, the other keeping both of our bodies elevated. My eyes closed, and I inhaled sharply as the taste of her lips turned into a drug that was going to become hard to give up.

"Lauren..." I whispered when she pulled away and dropped us both to the couch, nestling against my neck. "I can't hurt you..."

The girl laughed against me, her voice soft. When she spoke, the vibrations sent a tickling sensation up my spine. "What makes you think you're going to do that?"

Propping myself up on one elbow, I supported her weight against my body. "There's just too much going on. I'm not looking for a proper relationship right now. I don't think I've got the capacity to commit to something like that. Like this."

Resurfacing to look at me, Lauren's eyes glowed, and she leaned in to brush her lips over mine. "Camila..." My name left her lips with just a hint of a Spanish accent. "You shouldn't go around making assumptions. What makes you think I'm looking for a proper relationship?"

I frowned. "You aren't?"

"You found me alone on a bench, sitting in the rain." Lauren replied. "You don't think there's a lot going on in my life as well?"

"I just thought..." I let my body fall against the couch, bringing her down with me. "I thought that with all the flirting... the looks, the smiles."

Lauren laughed again, rolling to the side so she was lying next to me. "You're gorgeous Camila. There's no way I'm going to stay in your presence for more than a few hours and not bring up your ass at least once." Turning her head so she was looking at me, the girl cracked a small smile. "And you really shouldn't be talking. For god's sake, you wanted to stay in the room while I changed last night."

"Yeah." I grinned up at the ceiling. "I guess we're both shallow assholes. Maybe that's why we found each other."

The cushions beneath us sagged as Lauren propped herself up on one elbow.

"So you're okay with this?" She asked, smiling down at me happily. "You're okay with the deal where I can kiss you and it doesn't need to mean a thing?"