Chapter 24: The Field Hockey Escapades

XXIV. 

Lauren stood up, one hand bracing her side. "Alright." She said, grinned down at the three of us with a signature devilish charm. "Who's ready for a little late night adventure with yours truly?"

"So how are we going to go on a late night adventure when we've all been drinking?" I asked, taking a judgemental look at my car keys.

"Shawn took one sip of his orange juice and wrinkled his nose like a kid at the dentist." Lauren teased. "He can drive."

It was true, Shawn's glass had barely been touched.

"Alright, so when we get there how do you assume we're going to get in? There are probably cameras, locked doors, maybe even a security guard or two." I continued, curious as to how many questions I was going to be able to squeeze out of her.

"Oh, all that is child's play" Lauren smirked. "If there's one thing that I've learnt, it's that every building has a weakness, you simply have to find it."

"Simply?" I rolled my eyes. "God you sound like some kind of criminal mastermind."

"Who says I'm not?" Lauren shot me another evil smile. "Come on, everyone in the car."

"Lauren, I have a bad feeling about this." Shawn muttered as he accepted the keys from her and tailed me on the way out of the apartment. "What if we get caught? I'll be grounded for so long that I won't ever be able to see the sun again. And we live in Miami, do you have any idea how hard that's going to be?"

"You won't get caught." Lauren ushered Dinah into a standing position as well, grabbing my jacket and throwing over Shawn and towards me. "And if you do get grounded, then at the very least you'll have some nice sappy country songs written about you."

"Who's gonna write them?" Shawn asked over his shoulder.

Lauren just smiled, glancing behind her. "I will."

Needless to say, half an hour later the four of us were quietly pulling up to the front of what was apparently a school, but looked like a five star resort. Right as Shawn cut the engine, Lauren was outside, heading towards the gate like a cat.

"Man, she really gets down to business huh?" Dinah asked from where the two of us were squished together in the backseat. "Let's go after her."

Shawn and I followed Dinah out of the car, the three of us tiptoeing like meek sheep after Lauren. The girl had stopped a few metres away, and was standing by the large black iron gate, looking up at it with a very analytical expression on her face. "So how are we going to do this?" I asked out into the open,

Lauren turned around. "Which one of the three of you are the stealthiest?" She asked casually.

"Dinah." Shawn and I replied in perfect unison.

"Alright." Lauren turned to Dinah. "You ready?"

Dinah swallowed visibly, nodding as Lauren held out her hand. I watched with a hint of pride as Dinah was gently boosted off her feet, and she swiftly grabbed on to the top of the fence gate, swinging herself over and landing on the other side. Lauren followed, jumping up and floating promptly over the gate to land next to her.

"Keep a lookout you two." The green eyed girl told the two of us. "If you see anyone, then let us know right away, alright?"

I gave Lauren a nod of acknowledgement, and the girls were off.

"Come on." Shawn started back to the car.

"Where are you going?"

"There's no reason why we can't keep a lookout from inside." He shrugged. "If you really want you can stay out here though."