Chapter 10: The Deep, Dark, Downward

X. 

"This was the part of the conversation that I had been dreading."

I sat up a little straighter, shaking my head insistently. "I don't want anyone knowing." I told him, just as I had many times before. "The moment teachers know, it won't take long to get to the students, and I just don't need that right now."

"If you say so." Fisher nodded. "But if you ever change your mind, don't hesitate to come and visit me. We can make arrangements, talk to counsellors, and I can assure it would help you finish off this year."

"Got it." I looked away, hoping to be dismissed.

Unfortunately, I wasn't.

"There is one other matter I've been asked to discuss with you." He began again. "Apparently, at an off-campus social event, you were observed by another student threatening a guest that was attending the winter prom?" He asked. "Is there anything you can tell me about that?"

"Who told you that?"

"Camila you know very well that I can't disclose that information." He replied. "But I can assure you that nothing that came of the situation looked good on behalf of the school, even if it was an unofficial event."

"She was pissing me off."

The principal sighed for what had to millionth time. "Nevertheless, it was out of place, and inconsistent with the values we uphold here at West Valley. Please try to keep it under control Camila. That's all I ask."

"Got it." I repeated, starting to stand. "Is that everything then?"

"That's everything." The man nodded with a small smile. "Enjoy the rest of the day Miss Cabello."

I left the office without another word, tossing out both empty styrofoam cups on the way out. The bell blasted through the hallways as I stepped out, and I took off to the final class of the day.

It may have just been me, but I could feel the judging stares from the people on either side of the hall. Whether it was news of the prom incident, the previous call to the main office, or just all in my head, it was bad. Without bothering to contact Dinah or Shawn, I left the second the final bell rang, heading for home.

"Lauren!" I stormed through the front door and threw my coat down on the back of the couch. "You better be feeling good today, because I'm definitely not."

Looking to the hallway, I saw Lauren emerge from the bedroom with a loose, paint spattered flannel on her upper body and tiny jean shorts on her heavenly legs. Conveniently enough for me, there was nothing under said flannel, and her exposed chest was making my head spin.

"What happened? Is everything alright?" She asked, curiously lifting a hand and running it casually through her hair. It had gotten noticeably longer, and now fell just above her hips.

"Oh forget that." I tore off my jacket and let it drop to the ground. Eyebrow arched, I grinned big. "Is this how you've decided you're going to walk around the apartment from now on?"

Lauren looked down at her toes shyly, then back up at me. "What, you don't like?"

I hummed as she drew closer, reaching out to link my fingers into the belt loops of her shorts and pull her against me. "You, prancing around like that without a shirt? Like I'd ever discourage something like that." I pressed my lips to her chin, then slipped my hands down from her waist onto her butt for a sure squeeze. "Actually... I'd appreciate if you just ditch those shorts as well. They're kind of in my way."

Lauren released a soft breath of laughter, her hands resting on my hips. Despite the lust in her eyes, her voice still contained worry. "What happened at school today Camila?"