Chapter 5: Sunset, Sunrise

V. 

"I have a feeling that's going to be your job tonight."

The rest of the night was anything if not a blur. Not once was the contact between us broken; if anything, it was heightened by the rush of my lips against her chest followed by hers between my legs. Somehow, we made our way back into the bedroom, our clothes made their way onto the floor, and our bodies made their way beneath the covers.

I only uttered my next words when I was completely out of breath, my arms splayed out so one was draped over Lauren's bare chest, and the other was occupying the rest of the bed. "Oh my god." I hummed, letting my eyes slip closed in content for what felt like the tenth time that night. "Is there anything you can't do?"

"I can't bake a proper key lime pie." Lauren murmured, taking my hand and starting to play idly with my fingers. "I could never get the crust to set quite right... for some reason, it always came out of the oven cooked uneven. Soft and doughy on one side and burnt on the other."

Wearily, I tilted my head to look over at her. "We just had sex, and you're already talking about pie?"

Lauren sighed. "Yeah. Screw the post cuddling, kissing, and heartfelt talks. I just want pie."

I looked up at the ceiling, grinding my back molars together in thought. "You know... I don't see why we can't just make that happen."

With a rather uncomfortable rush of cool air, Lauren's body had migrated the distance between us and curled up against mine. Like a drawing from a comic strip, her eyes grew three times their size as she propped herself up on one elbow and peered down at me.

"Are you serious?" She asked, her voice adorably hushed and with just as much excitement as was in her eyes.

"I'm serious." I said, blinking up at her. "And just so you know, when you sit up like that it presses your boobs together. It's really nice."

Lauren glanced down at her chest, moving her hair to the side so it draped elegantly over her shoulder. "What's your point?"

"No point." I shrugged, reaching around her and grabbing my phone from where it sat on the nightstand. "Just an observation."

Lauren rested her chin on my shoulder, waiting as I unlocked the device and scrolled my way around. The address I was looking for was for a family owned bakery that had doubled as my childhood guilty pleasure. When the location and menu popped up on their website, I turned the screen and propped it before Lauren's face.

"Can we go?" She questioned, squinting at the display. "I want pie."

"You can go." I let the phone fall against her face, shuffling under her and collapsing back into the pillow. Rolling onto my back, I felt her descend against my neck, nestling herself there as if it were her favourite place to be.

"Come with me." She mumbled.

"Hell no. You really think I'm moving from this bed for the rest of the night?" I yanked the covers up over my shoulders, and hers as well. "It's almost dark outside anyway. Let's order a pizza or something and eat it right here." I patted the bed for emphasis.

"Camila." Lauren drew out the long e sound in my name, something my mother often did when I was younger, and overdue for a time-out. "Please? I don't want to go without you."

I turned over and ignored her, closing my eyes and nestling deeper under the covers. Little did I know that the gesture alone only made Lauren work harder. I closed my eyes and smiled as she draped her body over my shoulder and began poking at my cheek. "Come on Camz." Lauren whined, planting a kiss on my face. "Please?"