Syrup (H2OVanoss)

Evan' POV:

"Morning Jon!" I shouted into the quiet house. Jon has been staying at my house for the past couple of weeks after getting evicted from his apartment. He's not exactly what I expected out of a roommate. He was actually rather polite and clean. Except for his room, that is, but I never went in there so it didn't bother me.

It was weird, but today of all days was the most weird. I relocked the door behind me and took off my jacket, hanging it up in the small closet besides the front door. "Jon?" I called, thinking it was odd that he hadn't answered yet.

"Oh! Hey Evan!" Jonathan finally replied as I walked into the kitchen. He had powder on his cloths and cooking supplies scattered all over the counter top.

"Dude, what are you doing?" I asked with a slight laugh.

"Well I figured since you make me breakfast every morning, that'd I'd make you something for once." He said, turning his back to me as he mixed some batter in a bowl.

"Thanks Jon..." I said and silently watched him stir. "You sure you got this? I mean, I can help you if you want." I made my offer but Jon blew it off.

"Nope! You can just sit back and relax." The powder coated man said, waving his hand at me. "Uh... Where's the griddle?" He asked and I pointed to the cabinet behind him.

"Right, thanks, I knew that." Jon mutters and pulled out the griddle, setting it on the counter. "How many do you want?" He asked.

"Four please!" I exclaimed, rather excited considering it's been years since someone's made me pancakes.

"Holy shit, four?" Jon questioned, "I can't even finish two!"

"Well who's the Canadian here?" The two of us chuckled and Jonathan began to pour the batter. They were lopsided but that was just fine. To me, a pancake was a pancake.

"Here," Jonathan flipped four of the pancakes into my plate and sat beside me at the breakfast bar where I had been perched.

"Thanks, Jonathan. I really appreciate it." I said and started digging in. They weren't the best, but they were edible and I really couldn't complain because they were made especially for me.

Jonathan took a bite and responded, "no problem, Ev." He continued to eat but then sprung from his seat, making me jump. "I almost forgot!" He said and dashed around the side of the counter. I just sat, confused as I watched him rummage through the pantry. "I found it!" Jon shouted and slammed a bottle of maple syrup in front of me. "I remembered that this was your favorite kind. It was the last one left and I looked everywhere to find it." 

I stared at the bottle and then looked up to Jonathan. I came to a realization as I stared at the syrup. I fucking love him.