Room 214 (Brohm)

(A/N:) Wow, well... Here's some Brohm.

I actually really like this.. And I hope you do to. I don't think you will tho :,o

WARNING- heavy concepts

#angst

I'm sorry for this btw

Iv'e been feeling this for a while....

-----/////-----/////-----/////-----

"Ryan...?"

The drowsy male blinked awake at the call of his name. With a light grumble and a stifled yawn, he rubbed his eyes and looked to his lover. "Mm, yeah Bryce?" he paused to adjust his position so that he was face to face with his partner. "What's the matter?" Ryan asked worriedly as he saw the clouded light that reflected from Bryce's eyes.

Bryce looked Ryan in the eyes before reaching out and running his slender fingers through his lover's messy bed hair. "I have something to tell you..." His voice was soft, yet he spoke clearly, his throat not hoarse from sleep, seeing as he hadn't actually gotten any.

"Is it another nightmare?" Ryan asked, looking to the digital alarm clock that sat on the night stand right over Bryce's shoulder to see that it was in fact nearly two AM.

Bryce retracted his arm and looked down at the crisp white sheets that they lay upon. A sad smile traced his thin lips. "Heh, I wish." He scoffed, his tone laced with poignant melancholy. When he looked back up, it was clear to see that tears had started to brim his bloodshot eyes and Ryan felt a prick in his heart. Rarely had he ever seen his youthful, carefree mate so distraught.

"Oh, no, babe," Ryan cooed softly, reaching out and wrapping his arm around Bryce's back, pulling him closer in a single ginger motion. "What's the matter?" He worried, wiping away a lone tear from Bryce's pale cheek.

"I- uhm," Bryce started, his voice cracking slightly. He took a shaky breath and wiped his eyes with a sniffle. "I have...I," he couldn't seem to form the words that so desperately needed to get out, clawing at his throat as they tried to free themselves. It hurt him, the thought of how Ryan might react to the news.

Ryan was definitely worried now, the hairs standing up on his arms. Something was very wrong about this, but he ignored it and continued to comfort his distressed partner. Rubbing soothing circles into his back, he pressed on, "Come on, Bryce... It's alright," he wasn't sure if he believed that. He had never seen anyone so... broken. 

Bryce cleared his throat, holding in a sob as he looked into Ryan's fretful eyes. "Ryan...I have-" he paused as his voice broke again, "I have Leukemia..."

Ryan froze as he tried to process the information that was just given to him, his eyes searching Bryce's to try and find any sort of joking presence, hoping that he would turn around and laugh about how good he had gotten him.

There was nothing but sincere pain and burning anguish.

Ryan felt his own eyes start to water and he hugged his sickly companion tightly to his chest. His whole body felt weak as he started to cry also, his chest heaving painfully. "It's okay Bryce,"'is it really okay?'

"We'll get through this,"'will we?'

"I promise..."'I hope...'

Bryce hugged tightly onto Ryan, gripping his light grey sleep shirt firmly as he let his tears fall. "I'm so scared..." Bryce sobbed quietly into Ryan's chest.

Ryan felt his own tears trickle down his face and drip from his chin. As much as he wanted to break down, he knew that he'd have to be strong. With a ginger kiss to the top of Bryce's head, he breathed out softly, "Shh," he hushed as Bryce let out a choked sob,"It'll be alright. For now, just try to get some rest...and we will talk more in the morning..." Ryan stated in a delicate whisper.