Chapter 7: HYDRA

As the last hostage got out of the window, I jumped through it and started using my electricity. I had it low so that I wouldn't kill any of them, but I could slow them down. I touched as many of them as I could, each of them falling at my hands. As I did this, one took me off guard and grabbed me from behind. I tried electrocuting him but it wouldn't work, he was wearing gloves. He was prepared. Another of the HYDRA agents came in front of me and punched me hard in the face. I fell to the ground, held there by another of the HYDRA agents, who pushed his foot down on my stomach.

"Ahh!" the guy holding me down screamed, clutching his face and letting me go. I stood up and saw that he had an arrow sticking out of his cheek.

"You OK, Rogue?" Hawkeye said, coming down from his designated spot on the roof.

"I'll live," I said. I grabbed the guy with an arrow in his cheek and looked him in the eye. "You can't lie to me. Are you with HYDRA or S.H.I.E.L.D?"

"I can't lie to you," he said, staring straight through me. "I'm with HYDRA."

"Good, that means we can kill you," I said with a smile.

"Are you sure about that? Hill said-" Hawkeye started before I cut him off.

"Hill said we had to bring back S.H.I.E.L.D agents, she didn't say anything about HYDRA," I said, trying to convince myself that this was OK. This guy had attacked me, I had earned this. I wrenched the arrow out of his cheek and pushed it into his chest, pushing it down as hard as I could.

"It's gonna take too long to find out who's with HYDRA and who isn't. And we need to get Cap some help," Hawkeye said, shooting arrow after arrow in different directions, while looking at me all the time.

"Nat, get Steve on the boat and send it back, we've got this," I shouted at her. She nodded, seemingly in shock, as she lifted Steve as best she could, leaving via the window.

"How are we gonna get out of here?" Hawkeye asked me, wounding another of the agents.

I shrugged, not wanting to let him know that I had no idea, and that I was worried. This was a big task, and now we were an Avenger down.

"Are you a HYDRA agent?" I asked one of the men, using my mind control. "Tell me the truth."

"I work for S.H.I.E.L.D," he admitted.

"Sit there, in the corner. You can't move until I tell you to, you're glued to the floor," I said, making him sit by the window.

"If only you could control all of them," Hawkeye said breathlessly as another HYDRA agent hit me. I fell to the floor again, this time felt different. I looked down to see blood. He hadn't hit me, he'd stabbed me.

"Rogue?" Hawkeye said, his voice sounding worried.

"I'm- I'm fine," I said through gritted teeth. I looked up just in time to see 4 of the agents grab Hawkeye at once and restrain him. One held a gun to his forehead.

"No, please!" I pleaded, trying and failing to stand up.

"Tell us what we want to know, who sent you here?" one asked.

"Don't look her in the eyes, she does some weird mind control thing," another said.

"We were sent here by S.H.I.E.L.D, we work for them, don't hurt him!" I said, my voice getting quieter the more the pain hit me.

"What do you want?" the same guy asked again. I could feel myself losing consciousness, keeping my eyes open was becoming a struggle.

"We wanted the hostages, and the S.H.I.E.L.D agents," Hawkeye said on my behalf.