End Credit Scene

2 Months Later

"Hey," I knocked on Wanda's bedroom door. "Katherine put tinfoil in the microwave, it's completely blown."

"Not again!" Wanda said, rolling her eyes and storming past me, ready to chew Katherine out for another thing she'd done wrong.

"She's gonna kill Katherine, you know that, right?" Jessica asked, peeking her head out the spare bedroom door that she hardly ever used. "Wanda thinks she owns the kitchen."

"Well, it's not like anyone else uses it," I shrugged, walking down the hall and into the living room, where most people hung out. Falcon was sitting on the couch.

"You've been watching re-runs of this show for an hour, give me the remote!" I complained.

"I called dibs!" he argued. "The TV's mine today."

I smiled, gesturing to the sheet of paper that I'd stuck next to the TV. "Actually, if you check the schedule..." I started, "You'll see that it's my turn to watch TV."

"Wait, that piece of paper actually means something?" he asked incredulously, standing up to have a better look. "You've got yourself signed into every slot!"

"It pays to be organised," I grinned, snatching the remote from him and changing the channel. Two months after the funeral and we were a big, mostly happy, well-functioning family, and I was loving every minute of it.

"You can't put foil in the microwave, idiot!"

"It was an accident! You think I wanted to blow the microwave up?!"

"Yeah, I do. Because you hate me!"

Wanda and Katherine walked into the living room, causing everyone in the vicinity to roll their eyes.

"You need to get laid, girl. Get yourself a boyfriend," Katherine said, sitting on the sofa beside Falcon and kissing him.

"Ugh!" Wanda yelled, exasperated. OK, so maybe not everyone was happy with our current living situation. But Wanda and Katherine were like sisters, they loved each other deep down. Very deep down.

"So listen, I love being here and not being controlled and everything, but when do we get to the fun stuff?" Katherine asked. "When do we kill the bad guys?"

"When S.H.I.E.L.D give us a mission, you'll be the first to know," I said. In Fury's memory, we'd done everything we could to re-open S.H.I.E.L.D. Now Maria Hill was the Director, and she'd hired Jamie Madrox, Sharon Carter, Hawkeye and Laura Barton as her primary agents and consultants.

"Hey everyone!" Spider-Man, aka Peter Parker said, running into the room like he did every time he came over.

"If I have to hear that kid's excitement one more time, I'm gonna kill him," Katherine said under her breath.

"You and me both," Jessica said, walking into the room, rolling her eyes. The presence of a lot of moderately happy people was just one of the reasons that Jessica almost never stayed here. She preferred to do things alone.

"Guys, we have a problem," Stark said. Everyone continued what they were doing – in Stark's mind, there was always a problem that we had to sort out.

"What kind of problem?" I asked.

"It's... Steve." 

Everyone stopped what they were doing.

"What about him?" Falcon asked.

"He's gone."

"What do you mean 'gone'?" I asked. When Steve died, we made the decision to bury him with his parents in Brooklyn. But since no one except himself and Bucky knew the location, we were keeping him in the freezer in the morgue until we could find the right spot.

"His body vanished. No one knows where he could be."

"Are you saying he could be alive? That someone found a way to save him?" Wanda asked hopefully.

"I'm saying, we need to find him. But more importantly, we need to find who took him," Stark said, taking in our shocked faces.

"Well Katherine, you got your wish," I said, looking over at her shocked face. "We have a mission."