Chapter 2

Angels P. O. V

I got out the bus, letting out a sigh of defeated and relief as the first day of school was finally over!

I walked into the building and I to my floor and apartment. I locked the door behind me and placed my keys in a small table near the only couch I had. I sigh and slump down into the brown soft couch and closed my eyes. I soon fell to a much-needed sleep.

I woke up with my phone ringing. I groan hearing the familiar 'I'm sexy and I know it ' ringtone of Julian. I sigh and look at the clock as I clicked the green button. 8:56.

What is it, Jul?

Where in the world are you! Did you forget that we were going to Jeffrey pizza place? Again!

I groan remembering the planned event.

Sorry I fell asleep. How long have you guys been waiting?

I asked, grabbing my shoes and my keys. I had lucky worn my clothes I had this morning to my little nap.

We been here for about- how much time Babe? 30 minutes? - We have been here for 31 minutes now.

I rolled my eyes, walking towards the elevator.

Okay, I'll be there as fast as I can.

I said, waiting for the elevator to come.

OK, want Az to pick you up?

Sure, why not, I really don't want to walk.

4

Okay, his coming your way.

Thanks, Jul.

What is best friend for, Mini?

I rolled my eyes, watching as the elevator was almost at my floor. 6

Okay, see you later. Bye Angel see you here.

Bye

The elevator ding and its door open as I hanged up. I looked up to be face with the face of a silver pistol. "Well today isn't your lucky day, is it sweetheart." A deep voice said before everything went black.

I woke up, with an unfamiliar pain in my shoulder blade. My vision was blurry, and I could hear Azrael familiar voice. He was calling me. Why was he calling me? I'm so.... Sleepy. Soon my vision went black again. Azrael voice ringing on my head.

I woke up, again, with an annoying beeping sound. I felt so uncomfortable and I had something in my mouth. I groan and reach for whatever was blocking my mouth to breath properly. I sigh of relief and let my head fall against the pillow.

Wait... Where am I? I thought finally noticing that I wasn't in my room. I stared to sat up, but I stop feeling an unbearable pain ran through me. I looked at my shoulder, confused why I was having this pain. I grabbed my sleeve and pulled it up to see my shoulder wrapped with a thick bandage.

I hover over it, before pressing my hand against it.

I let out a hiss of pain, removing my hand and leaning back. I looked around the room, and soon realized I was in the hospital. Why in the fuck am I doing in the hospital I screamed to myself. I groan and try to get up. Hissing and groaning from the pain.

I was finally sitting down; I reach down towards my phone. Which was beside me, I tapped the touch screen phone, turning it on after the two taps.

I notice I had multiple calls from some unknown number. I sigh and debate if I should call the number back, but I went against it and placed my phone back in the small table next to the bed.

I sighed again, for who know how much, and tried to get up.

I failed a few times but then finally got up. I groan, my legs sore of not being used in a while. I wonder how long I was asleep. I looked around the hospital room and walked to the door. My legs slowly starting to get used to moving.

Suddenly the door open to see Julian with Azrael behind him. A worried expression in their faces.

" Angel! " Julian said, running towards me as I slowly fell back. Losing my balance. I felt Julian's arms wrapped around my before I could fall. I laughed nervously, embarrass at myself. Julian smiled at me and carried me to the hospital bed. " Okay, how about you do me a favor a d stay in bed." Julian said, a smile in his face. I growled at him and rolled my eyes. " Yea sure, whatever"

We stayed silent before Julian sigh. " I have good news and beds news" I looked at him, blinking confused. " Want to hear the good news first?" I nodded and waited for him to speak. " Well good news is that we found the son of a gun who shot you. Bad news is that the police want to force you back into foster care."

I froze. My chest tightens, my breathing coming out as small breaths. I couldn't breathe. No, please I don't want to go back. Please. I thought before I blackout. Julian voice ringing through my head.