• Impossible Year •

{ e i g h t e e n }

A year later ...

"Hello?"

"It's mom. She's not well."

"Where is she??"

"Parkland hospital.."

I hung up the phone and called a taxi to my house, since I knew my stupid dad was drunk in the backyard.

I put on my shoes and headed outside.

**

"Please mom... Don't leave me, too." I whispered as I held her in my arms. She was weak and could barely speak.

It's been four months with her in the hospital. After Jaime's death, my mom was diagnosed with depression and attempted a few months ago. Ever since, Rian hasn't been really nice to me anymore.

"B-babe. P-please sta-stay strong f-f-for me." She whispered as I felt her head fall back and take her last breath.

I held her tightly and started to cry. Rian's eyes filled with tears as he stepped out the room.

"No. No. No. Please mom. No!" I sobbed as I held her tightly. "This isn't fair." I whispered.

**

"We are gathered her to celebrate the life of Angelina Flora Hernandez. She was beloved mother, daughter, and angel. She will be missed, but she is with her mother, father, daughter, and God himself. She is in a better place now. Will Melanie please come up to say a few words?" My aunt asked.

I sat there for a second as I felt a lot of people looking at me. I wiped the year from my eyes and stood up.

As I got to the podium, I glanced at her casket.

"I'm Melanie. Angelina's daughter... My mom was one of the best moms anyone can ask for. She always cared for me and loved me when no one else did. She could've been having the worst day, but still make me smile. I love and miss her.. Forever and always. I was her arms when I took my first breath and she was in mine when she took her last.." I whispered.

Tears built in my eyes as I stood off and sat down. Her funeral went on, but I don't know how I managed to be there without having a panic attack.

They buried her and I went days without eating or coming out my room. No one bothered to come and check me.

"Please.." I whispered.

"Please."

"Please."