• Turning Tables •

{ t h i r t y - t w o }

Doctors POV//

"What do you have for me now Brenda?" I asked my assistant nurse. She looked down at her papers and looked back up at me.

"Seventeen year old boy.
Gun shot to the stomach.
He's unconscious. " she replied.

"I'll be there in a bit." I said as I got my stethoscope and took off to the room.

I walked in and saw the boy laying there. His shirt was ripped and bloody.
"We're losing him!" A nurse yelled.

"Move!" I yelled. They all moved. I checked his pulse and it seemed to be getting slower and slower.

"Shit!" I muttered. "Get me some fluids!" I yelled. "Get Doctor Hades!" I yelled again.

"Hurry!" I yelled.

The monitor went clear.

Flatline.

"Here goes nothing." I whispered. I got the electric cords and connected them.

"3,2,1. Clear!" I yelled. I put the device on his chest and nothing.

"3,2,1. Clear!"

It was still flatline. "No. I'm not losing you! You're going to wake up! Come on!"

"3!2!1! Clear!" Nothing.

Flatline. "Come on! 3,2,1! Clear!"

Nothing. I shook my head and sighed. "I failed." I muttered to myself.

I turned and started to head out the door, as the monitor started to beep slowly. I turned and saw the monitor moving.

"Yes!" I yelled. All the doctors and nurses in the room smiled and cheered.

His eyes fluttered open and he looked around the room. "Where's Melanie?" Was the first thing he said.

Tony's POV//

I woke up, in the hospital bed. My head hurt, but everything else was normal. I didn't even feel like I got shot.

The halls were empty, and everything was pure silent. I pulled the IV's from my arms and ran to Melanie's room. I got there and saw Melanie laying there in her bed.

Awake .

"Melanie?!" I yelled. She looked up and saw me. Her face lit up and she got up. She ran towards me and hugged me tight.

"How long have you been awake??" I asked. She frowned and tilted her head. "What do you mean? I'm not awake and neither are you." She replied.

"Wait. Am I dead?" I asked. I looked down at my hands and saw they were pale.
"Am I dead? Am I in a coma? Are we both dead?" I asked.

"No silly! You're not dead! You're just in between life and death. That's where I'm at. Except I am in a coma, you're not. You're just asleep." She replied.

"Oh." I sighed.

"You'll be awake in a few hours. They're waiting for you." She whispered. I tilted my head in confusion.

"Who is?" I asked. "Everyone." She replied.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you." She trailed off.
I felt a tap on my shoulder, so I turned and saw Anthony standing behind me.

"Anthony!" I yelled. I hugged him tight and tears started to fall from my eyes. "Tony!" He yelled back.

"I miss you so much." I groaned. I didn't let him go at all. "I do, too." He replied.

"Why did you want to jump?" He whispered to me. "I just wanted to see you." I replied. "You'll see me one day." He replied.

"I'll see you later." He whispered. "I love you so much Tony. I'm always watching over you." He added.

"I- I love you so mu-" *starts sobbing* I some how landed in his arms again.

"Hey. Tony. It's okay. I'm going to see you again. Just not now." He whispered. I nodded and wiped the tears from my eyes.

He disappeared.

"Looks like you're stuck here." Melanie muttered. "What?" I asked.

"You're not responding to their operations." She replied. "If you don't wake up, they're going to give up. And we never see each other again." Melanie sighed.

"How do you know?" I asked. "I'm going to wake up. This isn't real. This is a dream. But if you don't wake up. You're never going to see me again." She replied.

"So wake up."

My eyes opened. Doctors and nurses stood all around me. "Where's Melanie?" I asked.

They all grew confused. Except one. Which was her doctor. He already knew me. "She's still asleep son." He replied.

I laid my head back and closed my eyes. I felt silence grow and I knew everyone has left.

Hours went by. And no one visited me. No one. And it made me realize that

no one needed me.

Lost It All [1/5 Tony Perry series]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें