• What About My Side Of The Story •

{ t w e n t y - s i x }

Tony's dreamy lips hovered over mind, I felt as if I was going to kiss him, but I didn't want to seem desperate.

"You know I love you right?" He whispered. I felt my face burning with a smile appearing slowly on my face.

"I love you too Tony." I replied quietly. He grew a smile and set me back up. He glanced at the sun and then at me.

"Let's go back." Tony said as he grabbed my hand again. I nodded and smiled.

"So. Melanie. What do you want to do when you're older?" Tony added as he looked off into the sky.

"I want to produce music. But like EDM. You know what that is right?" I replied. "Yeah, it was really popular in Garland for a while." He said as he nodded.

"What about you? What do you want to do?" I asked. His eyes kind of teared up as he looked up again at the sky, but like he was looking at something.

"I want to be a hero. Not like a super bionic one, but one day I want someone to tell me, because of you.. I didn't give up." He said quietly.

"Well can I tell you a secret?" I asked. He looked at me and nodded with a slight smile.

"The night before I met you. I promised myself I was going to take my life the next night. When I met you... I thought 'wow it's like he's changed my whole life and I'm going to stick around to see if I can get to know him' and ever since that day I haven't hurt myself." I whispered.

Tears were both in our eyes. We reached the front door of some house, that I haven't seen before.

"Nice to kno-" Tony was interrupted by the door opening. "Hey man." Oliver greeted as he opened the door more so we could step in.

I sat down at the couch with Tony, and Cat was sitting down on the opposite couch. "So what did you guys do today?" Oliver asked.

"We went out to the Pier, Melanie met some friends, and we went for a quick swim." Tony giggled at the last part.

"What about you guys?" I asked. "I just showed her around San Diego. We had some lunch, too." Oliver replied.

"We should go to the arcade!" Oliver added. I looked at Tony, who had a smile on his face. "Sure! The one in downtown? Or the pier?" I asked.

"The pier is closer and cheaper." He replied.

**

"I win." I whispered to Tony. He rolled his eyes playfully and smiled. "Whatever dude." He giggled.

"It's 3am." Cat groaned to me. "Let's go for a walk to wake you up." I replied. She nodded and smiled.

"Tony we'll be right back. We're gonna walk." I shouted to him. Tony nodded and turned back to Oliver.

We're walking on the sand, barefoot, and it's pretty fresh outside. "You're never sleepy at this time. What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm not sleepy. I just needed to talk to you." She giggled. I smiled and rolled my eyes at her smirk.

"It's about Oliver isn't it." I muttered with a giggled. She blushed and nodded.

"Yeah." She whispered.

"What's happening with you two?"  I asked. She turned more red and smiled.

"Well, he's really cute. We like the same music, we have a similar past, he's like the other half of me." She replied.

"Awhahh you guys would be cute." I replied.

"Yeah, but I mean we just met, so we have to give it time." She whispered back. I nodded in agreement.

"Well whatever you do or decide, I'll be here for you." I added.

"Thanks baby. Me too." Cat whispered. She laid her shoulder on mine as we continued to walk along the sand.

"I'm glad I met you." She added.

"Why?" I asked. She smiled and looked at me. "Because if it weren't for you. I wouldn't be here right now. I still wouldn't have any friends, I'd probably take my life." She whispered with a little crock to it.

"Well, I'm glad I met you too. You're my first friend over here and I'm hoping for us to be friends forever." I replied.

"Me too." She added.

"Now let's go back, it's almost 4." I replied. We headed back to the arcade, since they closed the guys were sitting down on the bench waiting for us.

We walked to Oliver's house and we changed to go to sleep. "Who's sleeping with who?" Oliver asked.

"Boys with boys? And girls with girls?" Cat asked. Tony and Oliver grew really disgusted faces.

"Nooooo." Oliver yelled.

"Fine. I'll sleep with Oliver." Cat muttered. "And Melanie with Tony." She added.

"Okay." I replied. Tony and I went upstairs and Oliver stayed downstairs with Cat. I ran of course, and Tony walked like the freaking turtle he is.

I jumped onto the bed and threw buried myself  under the covers. I heard Tony's footsteps get closer as they stopped and I felt he was there in the doorway.

"Melanie where the hell did you go?!" He muttered with a giggled. Suddenly, I heard his footsteps for a split second, and a weight fall on me.

"Tony! You're squishing me!" I groaned. He sat still got a second and looked into my eyes.

"Have I told you, that you have beautiful eyes." He asked. "Yes. Many times before." I replied.

"Get off me!" I groaned. He giggled and got off me.

"Let's go to sleep." He replied. He kissed my forehead and hugged me from behind.

"Goodnight Melanie." He whispered

"Goodnight Tony..."