• Daughter Of A Whore •

{ t w e n t y - t h r e e }

I woke up, in the hospital bed. Melanie laying in my arms still.

God, it was a dream.

I noticed Melanie's makeup was smudged, but not like when she sleeps, like if had cried. The clock read 5:39 PM.

I still had time to get ready for dinner.

My phone rang, I looked and saw it was from Oliver.

Oliver - hey man! I'm so stoked to see you next week! You're still coming right?

Me - yeah dude. You mind if I bring a friend?

Oliver - I don't mind at all.. What's his name?

Me - her name is Melanie.

Oliver - oooooo Tony you gotta girl now?

Me - naah I'm waiting to ask her out.

Oliver - ahhhh man you should do it over here. California is such a beautiful place . Why not?

Tony - I'm just waiting for a time where it's right. You know?

Oliver - yeah I feel ya. Well I'll ttyl I have practice. Bye tone.

Tony - bye dude .

I looked down and saw Melanie was still sleeping. I shook her lightly and smiled as she looked up at me.

"Let's go." I whispered. She titled her head in confusion and smiled.

"Where?" Her voice cracked. "Dinner dude." I replied.

She giggled and nodded. "Okay." She groaned as she stretched and got up. She stood in front of me as she stretched, and I couldn't help, but notice she had a beautiful body.

I didn't say anything, because I know she's insecure about it and I didn't want to bring it up.

**

I sat at the couch of Melanie's house and looked around. Mike sat across from me as he smoked a blunt. He coughed and tried to hand me it. I shook my head and passed it off.

Melanie's came in the room and he mouth grew open as she saw Mike.

"Mike! You're gonna make my house smell like a fucking pot house!" She yelled. Mike and I giggled.

She smacked his head and he went outside to turn it off. "Fine." He muttered with a smile.

"You ready?" Melanie asked. I smiled and nodded.

**

"That food was good." I groaned as I stretched. I put my arm around Melanie's shoulders and smiled.

"So Melanie... I was wondering if you wanted to go to California with me for spring break?" I asked.

"I don't have money for a plane ticket." She whispered. "It's fine. My friends dad works for American Airlines.. So we get the tickets for free." I replied.

"Oh, well of course then! When do you leave?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"Spring break." I replied.

"Yeah! I just have to ask Mr. Fuentes." She replied. I nodded and smiled.

**

Melanie's POV//

"Goodnight Tony." I waved as he left to his house. He waved back and smiled. I closed the door and saw Mike and Mr. Fuentes sitting down watching television.

I walked over and sat down on the couch across from them. "Melanie! How was your day?" Me. Fuentes asked.

"Good. Yours?" I replied. "It was fine thank you." He added.

Mike got up and waved. "Goodnight guys."

Mr. Fuentes and I sat there in silence for a while just watching the television. "So um Mr. Fuentes..?" I whispered.

"You can call me dad." He replied.

"Oh well... Dad. Can I go to California for spring break? It's free. I'm going with some friends." I asked.

"Is it Cat and Tony who's going?" He asked.

"Yeah, his moms going too." I replied.

"Well, of course." He smiled. I hugged him and smiled. "Thanks." I whispered.

Me - I can go to California!

Tony - yessssss

Me - so I'll see you tomorrow Tony.

Tony - goodnight Melanie

Me - goodnight Tony.