• Miles Away •

{ t w e n t y - s e v e n }

I woke up in Tony's arms, the sun was down on he was still asleep. I stretched my arms out and opened my eyes to take in the light a little more.

I checked my phone and noticed, I had a text from my dad.

Dad - hey darling! It's mr Fuentes . Mike gave me your number so I could have it in hand.

Me - hey dad sorry I didn't answer I just woke up.

Dad - it's fine. When are you coming home?

Me - this Sunday

Dad - okay see you here

I locked my phone and buried myself in Tony's chest. He smelled like his gorgeous cologne, and it just smelled good.

"Why are you smelling me?" Tony groaned. I jumped at the sound of his voice, I noticed a little smile peaking through his mouth.

"Sorry, you just smelled good." I replied with a giggle. He smiled again, and looked at me.

"You have such beautiful eyes Melanie." He whispered. I smiled and blushed lightly, but it couldn't be that light because I felt it burning my face.

"Let's go eat breakfast." Tony groaned. I shook my head and buried my face in his chest again. "It's to early." I groaned back at him. He squinted his eyes at his phone and giggled. "I didn't realize it was this early." He replied.

"Can we go for a walk then?" He added. "Sure." I replied.

**

The sun wasn't even rising from the horizon yet, but we continued to walk the calm streets of San Diego that I grew up in.

"So Melanie, what's your favorite color?" He asked randomly. As if he was trying to make small talk.

"Black. Yours?" I said back to him.

"Same." He replied.

He grabbed my hand, as we continued to walk down the dirt road to my favorite place for photography.

We stopped at the top of the hill, and saw the sun barley coming up from behind the clouds.

"This is beautiful." I whispered. I took out my phone and captured a picture of Tony looking out to the sunset.

"Stop taking pictures of me!" Tony groaned

"Stop taking pictures of me!" Tony groaned. I giggled as he walked towards me and we continued to walk down the hill and back home.

**

"Guys! Look at the seal!" Cat yelled as she pointed to the seal in the water. We all giggled at her amusement of the animal.

"You know, it sucks that tomorrow's our last day of spring break." I whispered to Tony. He frowned and nodded along.

"Hey dude, do you remember Yaretzi?" Oliver asked Tony. He nodded and smiled.

"Yeah." He said quietly. "She's having a party.. You guys want to go?" Oliver added.

Tony looked at me and I nodded. Cat agreed as well. "Let's go change." Cat shouted to me across the sand.

We weren't to far from Oliver's house.

**

"That is so fucking cute! Tony won't be able to resist you!" Cat yelled. "I wasn't aiming for that." I replied.

She giggled and shook her head.

"Let's go to the party!" Cat yelled

"Let's go to the party!" Cat yelled. I nodded and we headed out the door. Supposedly, Yaretzi lived down the street. Which made me jealous because Tony has to know her for a reason.

**

The music was terrible. Tony and I wanted to leave so we did. We were walking back to Oliver's house as he stopped and looked at me in the eye.

The sun was already going down and the sun was at a perfect purple and orange sky.

"Melanie, I've been waiting all spring break for this...." He trailed off. I was confused at first until he started talking again.

"The thing is... Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asked. My jaw dropped as I felt the blushing burning my face by the minute.

"Yes!" I replied.

His eyes widened as he tried to throw me out the way, but all of a sudden I felt a really sharp pain in my back exit by frontal area.

I looked down and saw a puddle of blood below me. I fell to the ground and my eyes started to roll black.

I couldn't see anything . By then, everything went

Black.