• Lets Jump •

{ t w e n t y - n i n e }

I stood on the bridge. Wanting to jump, but in fear that Melanie will wake up without me there. "Let's jump! Come on Tony! Jump with me! Come on!" Cat yelled over and over. Pulling me down.

"Cat what are you doing are you crazy!?"

"Come on Tony! Let's jump! Let's end our lives and leave Melanie alone and scared! Come on!" She yelled.

"Cat are you crazy?!-"

"Yes I'm crazy! IM COMPLETELY OUT OF MY MIND. AND THATS HOW MELANIES GOING TO  BE FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE IF YOU JUMP!" She yelled.

"YOU WERE GOING TO JUMP! BUT WHEN I SAID LETS DO IT, YOU SAY NO?!" She added.

"BECAUSE I KNOW SHE NEEDS YOU CAT ! I KNOW I CANT TAKE YOUR LIFE LIKE THAT!" I yelled back at her. Her eyes widened as if she wasn't expecting that answer from me.

"AND SHE DOESNT NEED YOU?! TONY YOURE HER BOYFRIEND! WHY WOULDNT SHE NEED YOU MORE THAN SHE NEEDS ME?! HUH!? ANSWER ME TONY!" She yelled. "YOU JUMPING AND ENDING IT ALL MIGHT BE SOLUTION FOR YOU! BUT FOR MELANIE?? SHE WOULD GO CRAZY IF YOU KILLED YOURSELF! SHES BEEN IN A COMA FOR A MONTH NOW! AND WHEN SHE WAKES UP, YOURE NOT GOING BE THERE. WHEN SHE ASKS WHY. IM GOING TO TELL HER AND SHE'LL PROBABLY DIE FROM A BROKEN HEART! DO YOU WANT THAT TONY?!" She yelled in my face. Her face was red from the yelling.

"no." I muttered back. "THEN WHY ARE YOU WANTING TO JUMP?!" She yelled. "DO YOU THIN-"

"BECAUSE IT MIGHT SEEM SELFISH TO YOU, BUT TO ME, ITS A WAY OUT OF MY PAIN." I interrupted her.

"Tony. Suicide isn't the answer to everything that hits you." She calmed down her voice.

"THEN WHY DOES IT SEEM TO ANSWER MOST OF MY PROBLEMS?!" I yelled to her. She sighed and tears started to fill her eyes. Not of sadness, but of anger.

"YOU MAKE EVERYTHING DIFFICULT TONY! SUICIDE IS NEVER IS NEVER THE ANSWER TO ANYTHING! EVER! YOU CANT VICTIMIZE YOURSELF WHEN NO ONE IS THERE FOR YOU! THERE IS GOING TO BE A TIME IN LIFE WHEN NO ONE IS THERE! BUT NOW! NOW MELANIES HERE FOR YO-"

"MELANIE!..... she's not going to live this one." I stopped midway from screaming.

"Tony you can't say that." Cat calmed down, too.

"She's not. Cat don't you see? It's been to long. She's not improving. She's not." I started to cry.

"Tony. Calm down. She's going to make it. You want to know why I know? Because she's a strong girl. She's going to keep fighting. She might be in a coma, but she still functions like she's awake. She's probably dreaming about you now. Giving her motivation to keep fighting." She said quietly.

"Come on. Let's go back." She whispered.

My heart beat kind of sped up at the thought of Melanie. My poor Melanie, who probably hasn't got a clue of what's going on.

**

I walked in the room with Melanie sitting there seeming lifeless. I leaned over and kissed her head.

"Happy first month anniversary baby." I whispered. I set the roses on the table beside her, which was full of flowers and balloons from my mom and her family. (The Fuentes')

I sat down and grabbed her hand, but nothing happened. She didn't squeeze my hand, or blink or anything. It's like she wasn't even alive.

Her dad, didn't want to take her off life support because he believes God with heal her over time, which I think is a bunch of bullshit, because if God were real, he wouldn't have this happen to her.

He wouldn't put her poor little body in harms way if he were real, but as long as she was living and breathing, without pain, I'm fine.

"Tony. Please exit the room. She is about to go under surgery." Her dad said from behind me. "What? What surgery??!" I muttered. As nurses started to take her out the room.

"Her body is shutting down sir please move out of the way." The nurse yelled as her dad moved me out the way.

"What's happening?!?" I asked her dad. Tears were in his eyes.

"She might be going under cardiac arrest. Her body is shutting down and they need to put morphine in her body so she doesn't feel it. If she doesn't make it through the night.. They're cutting her life support in the morning."

"Since she just transferred hospitals to Texas, the flight may have messed up her system causing her blood flow to stop." He added.

God this is all my fault. I stepped out the room and saw Cat crying as she clutched Oliver's hand. Mike and Vic were sitting down across from them.

Her mom was sitting down beside the guys, and her dad was still in the room.

"This is all my fault."