9 || falling into place ||

a / n dedicated to lilacwaterfall for being my chloe grace mortez lover girlfriend. luv you so much, hoe x btw, I made another edit! imma send it lmao.

who's a middle child in their family? I am, and it sucks so bad. *cri*

C L E A R A S A C R Y S T A L,
S H A R P A S A K N I F E.
W O R D S W I L L B E W O R D S T I L L
Y O U B R I N G T H E M  T O L I F E.
BAD BOYS – ZARA LARSSON.

▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

"DID YOU STUDY FOR THE TEST?"

Slowly, Jade's brown eyes enlarged, promoting a raw emotion of anguish. "We had a test today?" she asked, enunciating her words with precision.

Amusement ebbed out of me in waves as I nodded. "Yup."

"Oh God," she moaned in despair, burying her face in her hands. "I'm done for." She peeked at me through her fingers, a hopeful expression pasted onto her face. "Can you fail for me?"

I emitted a discourteous snort. "And get beat up by my parents? Yeah, no thanks."

Jade released a groan, but then, she cut herself short. Befuddled, I followed her train of vision and then uttered an annoyed sigh as I realised whom she was staring at. "Why's he not looking at me?" she whimpered.

I glanced back at Joseph, who was sitting with a few friends of his, before turning back to meet Jade's beseeching gaze. "I'll tell you if he looks at you. Now pretend you're eating and stop being so desperate."

Jade nodded, attempting to elegantly eat her food. She appeared like the living embodiment of oblivion as she twirled her fork around her tray, handing me enough time to glance over at Joseph for a transient moment.

"He's looking at you," I stated, with an undertone of obfuscation in my voice.

"Oh my God, really?" she squealed, the corner of her lips curving upward into a goofy grin.

"Don't look at him," I hissed. "Pretend that you're over him."

"He's looking at me, oh my," she muttered to her self, unconsciously fixing her black hair. "Is he still staring at me?"

Attempting to act unobtrusive, I allowed my eyes to skip over toward his table before I looked back at Jade again. "Yeah, he is."

"And what does his facial expression say? Is he staring at me with hatred or love?"

Rolling my eyes, I fought back a smile as I scanned his features. "He looks...nostalgic."

"And what does that mean?" she snarled stridently, a little impatient.

I carelessly lifted a shoulder. "Figure it out yourself. I don't have time for this." Grabbing my bag, I slung it over my shoulder and heaved himself up.

"Where are you going?" Jade questioned, frowning up at me with a hint of desolation lingering in her tone.

"To Neverland," I taunted as I approached the doors. I pushed them open and worked my way over toward my locker, unlocking it and shoving my books inside.