12 || falling into place ||

a / n dedicated to GiaPet1000 for all the cute comments on my story! they really mean a lot, so thank you x

ok, so we've all established that Noelle has hooked up with several guys before. that doesn't mean she's a slut. girls/guys can bang whoever they want without people calling them out. i'm only saying this because i don't want to see the word 'slut' in the comment section.

also, just posted a new story named 'what lies beneath ' and i would love it if you can check it out. you don't have to, though. i'm really exited for it, though.

E V E R Y T H I N G Y O U S A Y I S F I R E,
A L L T H E C L A I M S Y O U L A Y,
Y O U L I A R.
GIRLS LIKE YOU – THE NAKED AND FAMOUS.

▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

"I FEEL SPECIAL."

"Just because you're the only person I invited, that doesn't mean you should feel special," I jested. I was in the process of layering mascara atop of my lashes when Jade barged into my room, running off her mouth about just how excited she felt.

In my opinion, it wasn't that great of a deal.

But Jade was Jade, and there's no convincing her otherwise.

"Do you have lipstick that goes with this colour?" Jade pointed to her salmon blouse. "Randy yesterday went though my makeup kit and half my stuff are missing."

A smile dotted my lips at the mention of her mischievous eight year old brother. "Yeah, I do," I said, reaching out for my makeup kit and tossing it onto my bed. "Who're you getting all prepped up for?"

Jade bore an enigmatic demeanour to her as she rummaged through my makeup kit, a smile lining her thin lips. "For myself."

I stared at her through the mirror, appalled. "Please don't tell me..." I trailed off.

"What?" Jade brought her head up to meet my gaze. Once she caught sight of the horrorstricken look that contorted my features, she vigorously shook her head. "No, no. It's not what it looks like."

"It better not be," I reprimanded, fixing my hair. "Ahmed doesn't do dating. He said so himself."

"What?" Jade whined, dragging out the word. "I mean..." she trailed off, shamefaced.

I sent her a dirty look. "Are you forgetting about dear old Joseph?"

She wrinkled her nose. "Oh, yeah," she muttered as she retrieved a lipstick tube from my makeup kit. "I forgot all about him."

I eschewed from laughing as I sunk myself on my bed, crossing my legs and gazing at her back.

"To be honest, I'm over him," she told me as she applied a coat of lipstick to her lower lip.

I raised my eyebrows in incredulity. "Really?"

A resigned sigh escaped her lips. "I don't know...I don't get why I'm not over him yet. I only knew him for a month."