26 || falling into place ||

a / n dedicated to @channelpink20 for continuously supporting my story! it means so much to me that you've stuck with me since the beginning, so thank you x

guys we have a tie; naze/noze and nolaze. official ship name is...naze! nolaze sounds too weird for me.

S O M E O N E T O L D M E T O S T A Y A W A Y
F R O M T H I N G S T H A T A R E N ' T Y O U R S,
B U T W A S H E Y O U R S I F H E W AN T E D M E S O B A D?
PACIFY HER – MELANIE MARTINEZ.

▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU," I muttered, hugging myself.

Blaze, shaking his head, grumbled a few death threats under his breath as he adjusted his glasses. He blew out an aggravated breath from the corner of his mouth as I cocked my head to the side, awaiting his answer. "Well?" I finished for him, quirking an eyebrow.

He raised a palm up. "Look, it's not my fault," he began, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at that. Right. "I can't just say no to her, Noelle. She's my friend. I respect her more than that."

That's your problem right there, Blaze. I traced out a sigh as I tucked a brown strand of hair behind my ear. "Well," I began as I licked my lips, checking to see if Kiera was within earshot. "I don't want her with us."

Blaze narrowed his eyes. "I think you fail to realise this isn't about you," he deadpanned imperiously, an undertone of frustration leaking into his tone.

I think you fail to realise she's in love with you! I wanted to retort. Rather, I bit down on my tongue and forced a caustic smile to overcome my features, when all I waned to do was cancel my plans and leave the two lovebirds alone. "Fine," I grounded out, digging my long nails into my palm.

Kiera arrived seconds later, inquisitive, brown eyes fleeting between us two. "Uh...did something happen while I was in the bathroom?" Both her thin eyebrows rose as she awaited our answer.

I was surprised to spot that little yet affectionate smile that overcame Blaze's features. "No, nothing happened," he replied softly, and I struggled to keep my jaw from dropping.

Remember Noelle: jealousy is the start of insecurity. With that in mind, I internally chanted my new motto as I glanced over at Kiera with a little yet murderous smile. "Let's go meet your boyfriend."

"Shall we?" She looked to Blaze.

He nodded after fixing his glasses. "We shall," he smiled.

My jaw dropped.

And, thusly, I remained rooted to my spot and glared at the bane of my existence, also known as, Kiera Bradley. Grunting, I watched as she cast him an unmistakably jaunty grin and I resisted the urge to flip her off.

Rage coiled within me as I walked alongside them in the direction of the elevator. "So when are we meeting your boyfriend?" I deadpanned as I entered the elevator.

With an incensed shake of the head, Blaze shifted his gaze around the empty elevator, most likely evading my stare. I shook my head, too, and folded my arms below my chest, impatiently awaiting her Highness to reply back. "Soon," was all she said, before launching into a conversation with Blaze.