28 || falling into place ||

a / n dedicated to @kyzzif for supporting my story from the beginning until now. thank you very much!

happy birthday to @Be-My-Destiel and early birthday to @amystiles21. it's going to be July 18th in less than three hours for me, so happy birthday! this is the last time i do this thing, so don't comment your birthdays. i don't have any more prewritten chapters, because i deleted them all and i'm going to rewrite them, so yeah :)

A N D I W I L L S T A Y U P
T H R O U G H T H E N I G H T.
A N D L E T ' S B E C L E A R,
W O N ' T C L O S E M Y E Y E S.
ELASTIC HEART – SIA.

▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

"I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU."

I shrugged my shoulders, kicking a pebble with my foot. "Believe what you want, Jade," I supplied, plunging my hands into my pockets and watching the sunset.

"But..." she shook her head. She set her gaze forward and bit her lower lip. "Oh, well. Better luck next time."

I kept silent for quite a while, before groaning in despair. "I knew the answer was C, damn it," I growled under my breath, puffing out an irked breath. Frustration rippled within me as I kicked a pebble with all my might, causing it to practically fly in the direction of the lake. With one final violent kick, it landed into the water with a loud splash, causing Jade to wince.

She rested her head against my shoulders, pressing her thin lips together. "There, there," she reassured, patting my shoulder.

"Your hair smells like coconut," I mumbled.

A grin glossed her lips. "I know. I bought a new shampoo. It makes my hair so soft." She lifted a chunk of her raven black hair and peered down at it with narrowed eyes.

I ran my tongue over my teeth. "Your hair's already soft, Jade," I returned in a tone of irritation. I twisted around and scanned the area with a frown. "What's taking Kaedon so long?"

"Don't know," Jade answered.

I plopped down on a bench and rested my hands on my knees, awaiting for Kaedon's arrival. Minutes flew by, and I went to check the time on my phone when he appeared, his breathing erratic. "All the stalls were preoccupied," he informed us, leaning over and resting his hands on his knees. "I really need to go to the gym more."

"Shut up, you're already fit," I complained. "I've been gaining some weight, believe it or not."

"There's a difference between gaining weight and looking healthy," Jade pointed out, eyes flying around my face. "Ever since you met Blaze, your cheeks have these healthy glow to them. Right, Kaedon?"

Kaedon uttered a groan, shaking his head. "Spare me the girly talk, please. I already get enough of that from Maria." Although it was fleeting, a quick smile passed over his face at the mention of his girlfriend.

"Have you guys banged yet?" Jade asked with a wrinkled nose.

I made a face at her. "What's with you and interfering with our sex lives?"

She hoisted her shoulders in the motility of a shrug. "I'm your friend. I demand to know every single detail," she put forward.