17 || falling into place ||

a / n this chapter is dedicated to -ailurophiles for being my Stalia shipping hoe. i love her, but she's always ignoring me :( happy bday hoe. all my friends are older than me -.- why is my birthday in September?

after ten days of not updating, i hereby represent the shittiest chapter known to mankind. thank you, thank you. i'm sorry; i'm having a majors writers block.

A R E Y O U G O N N A S T A Y T H E N I G H T?
D O E S N ' T M E A N W E ' R E B O U N D  F O R L I F E.
STAY THE NIGHT – HAYLEY WILLIAMS.

▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

"ANY IDEAS?"

"Uh..." I rested my head against the back of the rolling chair. "I don't know. Search it on Wikipedia or something."

Jade huffed out an exasperated breath, burying her face in her hands. "Sometimes, I wonder why I'm friends with you," she stated.

"Because you love me," I frowned, a little offended at her choice of words. With a sigh, I rose up from the chair and rolled it in the direction of Jade's bed, setting it in front of her.

Her brown eyes followed my every movement as I plunked down on the chair, brushing my hair away from my face and rolling my sleeves to my elbows. "Okay, what have you got down so far?"

A frown of despair marred her face as she curled her fingers around her paper and passed it to me, a trace of reluctance lingering in her movement. I seized hold of the paper and allowed my eyes to skim it from top to bottom, absorbing the words.

"Pretty good," I mused, nodding. "Just a tip: erase this part. You don't want to bore the teacher, do you?"

"Yeah," Jade muttered, grabbing the paper and placing it on her lap. Her black hair framed her face as she took hold of her rubber and commenced rubbing the paper.

Blowing out a breath, I titled my head up and gazed at the ceiling, tapping my fingers against the arms of the chair. "So?" I quirked an eyebrow. "Any ideas?"

"I told you, Noelle. I'm not in this," Jade reiterated, a tinge of annoyance seeping into her tone.

"Sorry, but if I remember correctly, it was you who challenged me to bet on Blaze. Don't act all innocent and whatnot," I retorted, digging my nails into my palm.

"Then don't," Jade offered, shrugging a shoulder.

That made me pause. "Don't what?" I echoed, my forehead creasing in bewilderment.

"Don't bet on him," Jace elucidated between gritted teeth. "I take it back, okay? It was stupid of me to come up with that idea, anyway."

"Well, I've already wasted weeks on him. I'm not quitting now," I informed her.

"Do you not have a heart? Every time you flirt with him and toy with his feelings, do you not feel a single ounce of guilt in you? Tell me, how would you like it if Blaze was the one betting on you?" A challenging glint sparkled in her eyes and I felt a scintilla of frustration seethe within me.