11 || falling into place ||

a /n dedicated to -laneboy for being a supportive hoe. she's so obsessed with logan lerman tho (who isn't) luv you and your hairy face.

thanks to aestheticirwin for the gorgeous banner x

Y O U R  L I E S  A R E  B U L L E T S,
Y O U R  M O U T H ' S  A  G U N.
KILL EM WITH KINDNESS – SELENA GOMEZ.

▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

"LONG TIME NO TALK."

Hugging my books to my chest, I swirled around, managing to capture a glimpse of my guy best friend, Kaedon. "Hey," I said absentmindedly, shoving a few books of mine into my locker.

"What's up?" he questioned, shoving his hands deep into his pockets and ambling alongside me.

I raised a shoulder heedlessly, directing my gaze to the front doors. "Nothing, you?"

"I have work," he said, the corner of his lips turning downward.

"Ugh, you just reminded me. I'm in dire need of a coffee," I told him.

Walking backwards with his hands dipped in his pockets, his lips parted in a little smile. "You should swing by."

I compressed my lips together in consideration as I swung the door open for the both of us. "I'll think about it." Silence lapsed between the both of us for a moment, before I spoke up again. "Did you ask her out yet?"

Kaedon emitted a quiet groan, lowering his hazel eyes to the ground. "No," he sighed. "I'm nervous."

I bumped my shoulders with his. "I'm sure she'll say yes," I reassured. "She likes you back, you know."

"I don't know," he confessed in a small voice. "I feel like she's not ready for a relationship."

"Well, you want to know what I think?" I claimed his momentary silence as my cue to continue on. "I think you're wrong."

Kaedon kept quiet for a moment or two, pressing his thin lips together. Then, a minute later, he nodded. "You're right," he said in a gruff voice. "I've liked this girl for too long, and I'm going to ask her out right now."

I was prostrate with a tactile sensation of utter shock. "Now?" I echoed, dumbfounded.

He nodded, raking a hand through his red hair. "Yeah, I guess," he muttered, bending his neck to stare at me. With a sigh, he continued, "Noelle, would you like to go out with me?"

I gazed at him, a little lost. Then, shifting the straps of my bag, I said, "Um...you better be joking."

He blew out a breath, one corner of his lip curving upward into a small smile. "I am." His tone of voice changed once his gaze fixated on a figure not too far from us. "There she is."

Following his line of vision, I breathed out a short laugh, disbelief overcoming my face. "Maria? Seriously?"

Kaedon's pale face flushed, his eyes sinking to the ground. "Yeah," he admitted in a dulcet voice.