21 || falling into place ||

a / n dedicated to jaotic for her lovely comments! x thank you, they're very appreciated.

a few people have been complaining about the fact that they don't get a notification when i update and i honestly don't know what to do. i mean, if you follow me, you'd see that i broadcast a message every time i update. if you don't follow me, then sucks to be you :')

I  W A S  A  L I A R,
I  G A V E  I N T O  T H E  F I R E.
I  K N O W  I  S H O U L D  H A V E  F O U G H T  I T,
A T  L E A S T  I ' M  B E I N G  H O N E S T.
ARIANA GRANDE – ONE LAST TIME.

▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

"DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT."

Sighing, I averted my gaze. "I dunno, I just..." I trailed off. "I thought that because you're a nerd, you'd have finished it already."

Kaedon narrowed his hazel eyes at me. "I'm not a nerd," he excused quite lamely. "Plus, I couldn't be bothered."

"Well," I started, patting his lap. "There's always Wikipedia to depend on."

"Oh, really?" Kaedon murmured, bringing up an eyebrow. "And you think Mr Russo will let that slip past him? Yeah, no."

"I haven't started mine either," I informed him.

"Noelle," Kaedon admonished. "Do you want a repetition of last year?"

I tossed him a glower. "Shut up, Kaedon. You know I hate it when you act better than me."

A frown marred his face. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that," he muttered, shuffling closer toward me. "It's just that I really don't want to fail his class, you know?"

"You won't, trust me," I said, my voice barely audible. It's plainly apparent that all my friends are smarter than me. Almost everyone knows that.

"Hey, he didn't pair us up for nothing. Come on, let's get started on it," Kaedon encouraged, positive vibes ebbing off him in waves.

I desired the strong urge to roll my eyes at his enthusiasm. Rather, I opted to stand up and gesture to the door. "I can't study indoors. How about we get started on the project at the park?"

Kaedon assumed a contemplative countenance to his face as he bit the corner of his lip. At long last, he cast me a nod and hoisted himself off my bed, adjusting his shirt. "Let's go, amigo," he said, grinning.

Shaking my head, only because I was anguishing over what to say, I grabbed our files and tucked them under my arm, ambling alongside Kaedon. While in the process of clambering down the stairs in tow, I was stopped by Nina.

"Noelle," she mumbled, brushing her brown hair away from her face.

"Nina, what?" I drawled, motioning for Kaedon to exit the house. He did, but not after shooting me a look of apprehension.

"Para donde vas?" she asked, tugging at the ends of her shirt.

"To the park," I answered as I steered toward the door.