13 || falling into place ||

a / n this chapter is dedicated to the my wifey xXfidvnXx for the bootyful cover. she's always spamming me with anime pics, but i still love her. her singing voice is the bomb, TBH.

please read: there are going to be three updates today, mainly because i didn't update last week and because i won't be updating anymore until June. I'll be going on a hiatus soon, so you're stuck with these updates until then. I'll try (key word: try) to squeeze in an update, but no promises. anyway, enjoy.

W H A T ' S  T H E  P O I N T  I N  S A Y I N G,
Y O U  L O V E  M E  L I K E  A  F R I E N D?
W H A T ' S  T H E  P O I N T  I N  S A Y I N G,
I T ' S  N E V E R  G O I N G  T O  E N D?
LIES – MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS.

▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

"WHY DO YOU ALWAYS DITCH ME?"

"Because," I responded, biting back a smile. "I need to speed matters up. The sooner Blaze and I become official, the sooner I can get rid of him."

Jade's thin eyebrows rose. "Why do you want to get rid of him so bad?"

So that I won't fall in love with him.

"Because?" I trailed off, sheepishly smiling. Slinging my purse over my shoulder, I cast her a wave. "Oh, and, Kaedon says he wants to talk to you."

"About what?" she muttered, cupping her chin with her hands.

I lifted my shoulders in the gesture of an innocent shrug. "Figure it out yourself?" Before she could reply back, I exited the room and slammed the door shut behind me, creeping past Nina's room. If I woke her up, I'd probably get grounded.

While in the process of absconding my way down the stairs, the auditory sensation of somebody clearing their throat from behind me rang through my eyes. Cringing, I spun around and felt my eyes enlarge at the sight of my mother, whose eyes were narrowed into slits. "Qué?"

"Para donde vas?"

"Uh..." I wrung my hands together. "To meet up with a friend."

"Boy or girl?" she interrogated.

I know that lying to her would only result in me getting into trouble, hence why I settled for ducking my head down and attempting to act angelic. "Boy..." I sighed, trailing off.

Her eyebrows rose up. "Boy?" she repeated, seemingly inquisitive.

I proffered her a brief nod. "Yes, his name is Blaze."

"And when can I meet this Blaze?" she inquired.

"Uh..." my eyes widened. "You want to meet him?"

My mother nodded her head. "Yo he conocido todos tus amigos," she reminded me, causing me to sigh in sheer frustration. Right.

"Mamá, he's busy with university," I lied, backing away slowly.

"He's in university?"