16 || falling into place ||

a / n dedicated to beanvanilla for being a supportive friend. we both agree that young leonardo Dicaprio is orgasm worthy. every guys chases her though.

also, i've noticed that the amount of votes/comments decrease every chapter, and as an author, that discourages me. please don't forget to vote as well as share your thoughts because they truly do mean a lot to me (cause I'm always so paranoid and then i start thinking that no one likes this story anymore and that i should just delete it).

P U T T I N G  M Y  D E F E N C E S  U P,
C A U S E  I  D O N ' T  W A N T  T O  F A L L  I N  L O V E.
I F  I  E V E R  D I D  T H A T,
I  T H I N K  I ' D  H A V E  A  H E A R T  A T T A C K.
HEART ATTACK – DEMI LOVATO.

▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

"THIS IS HARD."

I glimpsed at Kaedon from the corner of my eyes, shaking my head in mock sympathy. "Poor you," I said.

Kaedon groaned, rolling over on his side and propping himself up on his elbow. His hazel eyes strayed to my worksheet and I quickly covered it up, causing him to roll his eyes. "What's the answer to this?" he asked, tapping his pencil against the paper.

I snorted. "Hell if I know. Ask google."

"You're no help," he muttered. "I don't even know why I came to your house."

"Because you can't get enough of me," I replied. "How many questions have you got left?"

A moment of silence consumed us and I watched tentatively as Kaedon glimpsed over at his worksheet. His neutral facial expression morphed into one that practically screamed the word 'crestfallen'. "So many. Fuck me," he groaned, slumping down on my bed.

I clucked my tongue to the side. "Maria can do that for me."

"Shut up."

"I'm done with this," I said, tossing my paper to the side. "School can go to hell."

"Have fun living in a shack," Kaedon responded as he scribbled answers down.

A frown marred my face as I compared his answers to mine. "Where is this newfound intelligence coming from?"

Kaedon's lips curved upwards in the resemblance of a smirk. "Jade."

"Give me that," I mumbled, snatching his paper and copying his answers.

"Speaking of Jade," Kaedon started, "how come she's not here?"

"She's grounded," I reasoned.

"Because she failed her test?" Kaedon finished for me and I fed him a curt nod.

"How're things with Maria?" I questioned minutes afterward, after we've both quieted down.

"Don't know, don't care."

I quirked an eyebrow. "Really?"

Kaedon uttered a long, dramatic sigh. "She likes Nate. I should've known."