22 || falling into place ||

a / n dedicated to @thosesummernights for being such a supportive reader! thank you so much for all your votes and comments!

you guys are lucky that i have prewritten chapters because i honestly haven't written fip in a long time. i mean, i've got every chapter planned out and all, but i just can't bring myself into writing it. i don't know why, though. i can't even write my new novel 'what lies beneath'. i only write like, two sentences before i eventually give up. anyway, enough of my rambling.

S A I D Y O U F O U N D S O M E O N E,
S O M E O N E L I K E Y O U.
I ' M H O P I N G S H E D O E S B E T T E R
T H A N I D I D W I T H Y O U.
PICKING UP THE PIECES – GABRIELLE.

▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

"THERE'S SOMEONE AT THE door for you."

Abandoning my phone, I rose to my feet and all but bolted toward the door, brushing off the look of curiosity that was tossed my way by my mother. Reaching out, I curled my fingers around the doorknob and opened the door, smiling breathlessly at the sight of Blaze.

"Hey," I murmured, closing the door behind me.

Blaze's eyes raked over my attire mercilessly, before he cocked one brow. "Don't tell me you're going in a pair of SpongeBob pyjamas."

"Sorry, I got a bit carried away..." I bit the inside of my cheek. "Come in." With narrowed eyes, Blaze sidestepped me and went into the house, wiping his feet on the doormat. His eyes flickered to me and he pointed downward to his shoes, earning a shake of the head from me.

"It's fine, don't worry about it," I said, waving a hand around. Nodding, he accompanied me up the stairs as I led him toward my room, arriving at it in a matter of seconds. I shut the door behind me as Blaze plopped down on my bed and rested his head against the headboard.

"I need your opinion on something," I spoke up, heading over to my closet.

"Okay?"

Rummaging through my closet, I got hold of two perfume bottles, before standing back up to my full height and approaching Blaze. He shuffled over to create more room for me as I sat cross legged beside him, holding up the perfume bottles. "Smell this." I unscrewed the cap and thrust the bottle under Blaze's nose.  

With a scowl, he sniffed the bottle and then nodded indifferently, clasping his hands over his waist and closing his eyes.

"So?" I lifted a brow, cocking my head to the side.

Blaze popped his green eyes open. "What?" he deadpanned, undertones of vexation seeping into his tone.

"Which one smells better: this one or this?" I inquired.

Blaze nodded his head to the perfume bottle held in my left hand. "That one smells like a toilet cleaner," he commented, closing his eyes once again.

"Hey!" I complained with a scowl. "This is Dior!"

Blaze shrugged his shoulders, a flippant look overcoming his features. Breathing out a prolonged sigh, I mounted off the bed and rummaged through my clothes for something suitable to wear. "What do I wear?"