Travelin' Soldier...

Two days past his eighteen birthday, a young bunny named Springtrap, dressed in his army uniform, entered a local diner. He sat down in a booth and looked at the menu as a golden bear with a bow around his neck walked over.
        "Hi! My name's Goldie and I'll be your server. You know what you want?" He asked. Spring looked up from the menu, but didn't speak. He was always a bit shy, but Goldie didn't mind, so he gave him a friendly smile. Spring smiled back slightly.
       "Hi.. The name's Springtrap, but you can call me Spring. Um this might seem weird, but do you think you can sit with me and talk for a bit? I'm feeling a little low." He asked shyly. Goldie looked at him.
       "Well I'm off in about an hour, and I know the perfect place we can talk. Is that alright?"
       "Sure. It's fine."

~~~

Spring walked out of the diner with Goldie by his side. He had no idea where Goldie was taking him, but he trusted him either way. The two made their way to a pier, and sat down.
        "So what happened to your ear?" Goldie asked, pointing at his right ear.
        "Oh I lost half of it when I was stationed a year ago." Spring replied.
        "Oh... I'm sorry I brought it up..."
        "There's no need for you to apologize Goldie. You were curious, I don't mind. Do you think I can ask you something?"
        "Sure! What's on your mind?"
        "Do you think I can send you letters when I'm stationed off to Vietnam? I mean you could be dating someone, but I don't care. I've never had anyone to send a letter to. Your actually the first friend I've had in a long time." Goldie looked over at him.
        "I don't mind if you send me letters. And I'm not dating anyone yet."
        "Thanks Goldie... I appreciate it."

~~~

Spring has been stationed for two weeks now. Him and Goldie have stayed in touch by sending to each other letters from California to Vietnam. One of the letters Goldie received contained a confession of love towards him.
       "Dear Goldie,
I know we haven't known each other for that long, but you give me a feeling. A feeling that I've long forgot. When we sat down at the pier the day that I met you, you made me complete.  When things get quite rough over here, I just think of you and I completely forget about what's happening. Every time I close my eyes, I can that beautiful smile of yours. Even if we don't see each other for a while, I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me?
                                   Love,   
                                       Springtrap
     P.S don't worry but I may not write for a while. I also put my dog tags on the envelope. A little somethin' to remember me by."

Goldie was a little worried, but pushed the thought away. All he cares was that Spring felt the same way he felt.

~~~

  It's a Friday night. A football game getting ready to start. The Lord's Prayer said and the anthem sang. They were about to start when someone came over the speakers.
         "Excuse me everyone, but please bow your head for a list of local Vietnam deaths. Frederick Fazbear, Vincent Tranz, Felix Matthews, Springtrap Salvage...."The list went on. Crying alone underneath the stands was the piccolo player from the marching band. The one name read nobody else cared about, but a golden bear with a bow around his neck. People always told him Spring was too old for him, but he waited for the love of his travelin' soldier. He made a promise to himself that he won't hold the hand of another guy. The love he shared with him will live on even if he isn't...