It Wasn't Your Fault...

"Fuck!" Goldie cursed loudly as a piece of wood came back and hit him in the eye. His boyfriend rushed over to him immediately.
"Goldie what happened?!" Spring asked worriedly.
"The fucking board fell and hit me in the eye!" Goldie exclaimed.
"Alright now don't be like that. Here, let me take a look." Spring removed the hand covering his eye and looked at it. "Well it's not scratched, but it is going to be black for week or two."
"Alright... Do you think this fricking bookshelf can wait?" Goldie asked, still slightly pissed at himself.
"Yeah. It's late anyway. Tomorrow I'll make it up to you by taking you out to breakfast. Ok?"
"Ok..." With that, the two headed for bed...

~~~

Early the next morning, Spring got up and made his way for the shower. When he got out, he saw his lover sitting up in bed, rubbing his eyes.
"Good morning Spring..." Goldie yawned.
"Morning love. If you want breakfast, you better grab a quick shower." Spring said.
"Alright... Give me a few minutes." He muttered.

~~~

The couple entered a local diner close to their home. As they walked to a booth, Spring noticed he was getting death glares and sad looks. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, but pushed away the looks. Goldie sensed his distress and grabbed his hand.
"Hey are you alright? You're acting strange." He asked, worry present in his voice. Spring stared for a second before pushing the thought away. He gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.
"I'm fine... I was just thinking... No need to worry."
"Alright! I'm going to head to the bathroom before we order. Ok?"
"Ok..." Goldie got up and gave him a quick peck on the cheek, before making his way to the bathroom. Spring laid his head on the table.
"Did you do that to him?!" A feminine voice asked. Spring jumped slightly then looked up to see a female fox in a waitress uniform with an expression of anger clear on her face.
"Pardon?" Was all Spring could say.
"Don't play stupid with me! Did you do that to the golden bear's eye?!" She hissed, narrowing her eyes.
"No! I wouldn't do anything to hurt him. I love him and I hate to see him hurt." She shook her head.
"I don't care. If I see anymore marks on him, I'll call the cops on you. Do you understand me?" She growled. Spring gulped.
"Y-yes ma'am. I promise you won't see anymore marks on him." Goldie walked out of the bathroom and made his way back to his boyfriend.
"Hey! Are you ordering without me?" He asked.
"Of course not. You told me to wait for you and I did. I was just having a friendly conversation with the waitress." Goldie looked up to see the waitress staring at him.
"The name's Vixen and I'll be your server. Can I start you off with some drinks?" She asked politely, besides the talk with Spring.
"My name's Goldie! And I'll have a coffee. What about you Spring?" Goldie asked, looking over at his lover.
"I'll have a coffee too..." He muttered. Vixen nodded and walked off, giving Spring one more glare.

~~~

Goldie and Spring finished and decided to walk to the park. Spring, still upset about what Vixen had said, stopped.
"Goldie... You know I love you right? And I wouldn't let anything or anyone hurt you? Right?" Spring asked, tearing up a bit. Goldie looked at him.
"Of course I do! Where is this coming from?" Goldie said, surprised at what his lover said.
"When we were at the diner, people kept looking at me funny. I didn't know why I was getting glared at. When you off in the bathroom, Vixen came over and asked if I... If I did that to your eye... And said if she seen anymore marks on you, she was going to call the cops on me..." He explained, a few tears making their way down his cheeks. Goldie was crushed. His boyfriend was getting negative attention for something he didn't do. He grabbed his hand and gave it a light kiss.
"There's no need for you to be upset love. I know you wouldn't hurt me. Don't listen to them. I love you and that's all that matters..." He said softly, drying his lover's tears. Spring smiled and gave him a light kiss on the lips.
"I love you too..." Spring said softly.