Snow...

A young couple cuddled in bed, fast asleep. The smaller one, a little golden bear, rolled over. His eyes twitched a bit before opening slowly. The golden bear yawned a bit before sitting up, rubbing his eyes. He moved the covers off his body and stood up, carefully not to wake his lover. The small male stretched some, letting out another small yawn. He walked over to the bedroom window and peered out of it. His eyes grew wide at the sight. Everything was covered in a think layer of snow. The golden bear had a large smile spread across his face as his tail wagged some.
           "Spring!" He screeched, causing his lover to shoot up in bed.
           "I didn't do it! I- wait..." Spring shook his head, placing a hand to his forehead. "God Goldie, don't do that..." He said softly, yawning afterward. Goldie looked at him.
          "Don't matter. Get your ass up and look outside!" Goldie squealed, jumping up and down like a child. Spring chuckled softly as he dragged himself out of the bed. He trudged sleepily over to his excited lover and glanced out the window, yawning again. Spring stopped dead in his tracks and looked out the window again.
          "Holy shit! That's a lot of snow." He said, gazing at the winter wonderland. Goldie's ears perked as he got an idea. 
          "Hey Spring? You thinking what I'm thinking?" He asked. Spring gave him a smile.
          "Crazy fun time snow day?" Spring asked. Goldie nodded, then took off to the closet, pulling out of their winter gear. Spring let out another small yawn and walked over to him, getting his gear together.

~~~

  Goldie jumped around in the snow, taking some in his gloved hands and throwing it in the air.
         "Isn't it amazing Spring?" Goldie asked. Spring rubbed his lover's shoulders some.
         "It's beautiful. Just like you." The older male said, kissing his shoulder softly. Goldie smiled and kissed him lightly, then shoving snow in his face. Spring shook his head, looking at Goldie with wide eyes. Goldie had his arms crossed, smirking.
          "You want payback? Come get me..." He said, taking off running. Spring wiped the rest of the snow off his face and chased after him. He stopped when he lost sight of him. Goldie watched him from behind a tree and snickered. He moved slightly, then heard a crack. Goldie stopped dead in his tracks.
          "S-Spring!" He yelled, catching his lover's attention.
          "Goldie! What happened?! Are you ok?!" Spring called, running to him.
          "No! I-I'm standing on thin ice! Spring what am I gonna do?!" Goldie panicked. Spring thought for a moment.
          "Ok Goldie, stay calm... I'm gonna help you. Just stay perfectly still..." Spring said softly. His voice was soft, soothing to the panicking golden bear. He tried his best to stay perfectly still. Goldie cringed when he heard another crack, tears  dripping down his face. Spring walked closer to him, holding his hands out for him to take. Goldie lifted his hands up, the look of terror clear on his face, and tried to grab his hands. A third crack was heard, bigger than the others, causing Goldie to look down. He looked back at his lover, then the ice gave way, making the golden bear fall into the icy depths.
         "Goldie!!" Spring yelled, leaping forward and reaching into the freezing water. Goldie kicked and thrashed, trying desperately to reach the surface again. He felt around, darkness starting to consume him. The last thing he felt was something that had grabbed his arm, pulling him out...

~~~

Spring pulled his lover from the pond, laying him on the snowy ground. He put his ear to his chest and listened, breathing a sigh of relief when he heard a heartbeat. Spring scooped his lover up again and brought him to the house. When there, Spring got to work on getting the freezing and wet clothes off his unconscious lover and wrapping him in a warm blanket. He took off his winter stuff and sat on the couch, cradling and cuddling his shivering lover.
           "Come on Goldie... Wake up baby..." Spring said softly, rubbing the sleeping golden bear's forehead. Goldie's hand moved a bit, fisting the blanket he was in. His eyes twitched as they slowly opened.
           "S-Spring..?" He asked softly. The older male smiled down at him.
           "Hey... How do you feel love?"
          "Cold... What happened?" Goldie asked, yawning a little.
          "You stepped on thin ice and it gave way. You were out for a couple of hours." Spring said. Goldie curled against him more.
          "I'm never going outside again." Goldie said, making Spring laugh.
          "You'll come around baby. No more going near that pond though. I can't, and won't, lose you." Goldie smiled sleepily at him.
          "I love you Spring..." Spring smiled back at him, kissing his lips softly.
          "I love you too Goldie..."

NightBear15 signing off...