The Rings

Goldie sat on his couch reading a book, twirling the rings he had on a chain around his neck in his hand. Spring walked into the living room, watching him carefully. A month ago, the poor golden bear was in a terrible car accident and lost his memory. He hasn't gotten it back since. When he was released from the hospital, he had just noticed the rings on his hand and took them off, putting them on a necklace chain he had gotten. He did that because he didn't remember what they were for, but oddly couldn't part from them. Goldie looked up from his book.
      "Hiya Spring! What are you up to?" He asked, putting in his bookmark and closing the book.
      "Just coming to check on you... Have you always had those around your neck? The rings?" Spring asked, pointing to the necklace.  
      "I guess so. The day I was released from the hospital, I realized I had these on. When I had gotten home, I took them off and put them on the kitchen counter, but I had the feeling like something was missing after I left the room. I guess without these rings, I get really anxious and frantic, so I put them on a chain and wear them everyday." Goldie explained. He looked at the rings for a second, and sighed.
       "So you don't remember what they're for?" Spring asked. Goldie rubbed his head.
       "Of course I don't. You know that I've been having memory problems for the last month." He said. "It's not like these rings are really important. I mean, you probably don't know what these are for either right?" Spring bit back the tears gathering in his eyes. He tried to speak like nothing was wrong, but his voice betrayed him
      "Y-yeah... Right..." He said softly, his voice cracking. Goldie looked at him.
      "Are you ok?" Spring shook his head, and took out his wallet. Goldie looked confused as he watched him open it and take out a picture, handing it to him. In the picture was him and Spring, dressed really nicely, and showing their hands. Goldie having an engagement ring and a wedding ring. Goldie's hand flew over his mouth, memories of the wedding hitting like a freight train. He looked at Spring, who had a tear run down his cheek.
        "It's your wedding ring..." Spring said softly, holding up his hand that had his ring on it. Goldie stayed silent, but jumped up and ran over to him, throwing his arms around him. Goldie held on to him tightly, and cried softly into his chest.
        "I-I'm so sorry..." Goldie whimpered, gripping Spring's shirt tightly. Spring rubbed his back soothingly.
        "It's not your fault... I'm happy you got your memory back..." Spring said. Goldie looked up at him and pressed their lips together. Spring kissed back almost instantly, for he missed the feeling. The two broke apart, and Spring wiped away Goldie's tears with his thumbs.
       "I missed this... I missed us..." Spring said softly. Goldie nodded.
       "I did too..." Goldie replied, burying his face in Spring's shirt. "I love you..." Spring smiled at his words.
       "I love you too."

How are them hearts holding up? Because I'm pretty sure I could hear the break all the way from Michigan. Believe me when I say that it hurt when I was writing this. So yeah. And...

Thank you! Mates so much for reading. If you enjoy this book, I think you'll thoroughly enjoy my other stories that I have on my profile. And as always, I'll see you mates in the next one. Bye!