Cop Car

"How exactly did you guys fall in love?" A 16 year old golden bear asked, looking at her parents. Her dad froze, but her mother couldn't have gotten more excited.
        "I don't think you want to hear that story, Plushie..." The older male said, causing both his husband and his daughter to look at him.
       "Oh come on Spring! She deserves to know!" The younger male said, turning to his daughter. "It's actually a pretty romantic story Plush."
       "Goldie..." Spring whined. "I thought we agreed not to talk about this story again."
        "And keep how we fell in love from our daughter? I think not! Either you start, or I will."
       "Fine..." The older male huffed, turning to his daughter. "Alright Plush. Ready to hear about how I fell in love with your mother?"
       "Yes!" The young golden bear squealed, directing her full attention to her parents. Spring took a deep breath.
       "We were best friends in high school before we both had considered going out on a date together." Spring started.
       "Your dad was quite the country boy back then. He sure knew how to show someone a good time." Goldie said, putting his hand on top of Spring's. "Our first date, he took me out to watch planes take off."
        "I knew of a secluded area by the airport that I have visited multiple times before, so I took him there. We drove right past that 'No Trespassing' sign."
        "We sat on the tailgate and we watched the planes, thinking we had all night. That there was no need to rush."
        "That's when the cops came showing up, and I thought 'Man ain't this some shit...'" Spring said, shaking his head. Plushie giggled slightly, waiting for them to continue. "I kept thinking that his dad was gonna kill me, but if I survived that night, I wasn't gonna change a thing."
          "I thought it sounded crazy." Goldie continued, glancing at his lover. "But man, they weren't playing."
          "They sure threw those cuffs on quick."
          "I tried to sweet talk them." Goldie smiled.
          "They didn't fall for it, but I did." Spring kissed his lover's hand
          "I was on the left."
          "And I was on the right. Your mom wanted a smoke."
          "So I asked the cop for a light. I made your dad laugh."
          "The cop was another story. He got mad and slammed the door."
          "He kept muttering about how my dad was gonna kill him. I knew it sounded crazy."
          "Side by side, locked in tight. The cops were taking their time, but we didn't mind."
          "We talked and we laughed, and we sat real close."
          "There was something about the way the blue lights were shining, bringing out the freedom in his eyes. I was too busy watching him going wild child to be worried about going to jail."
           "I was thinking that running for it would make a good story."
           "And I was thinking he was crazy as hell. He was so innocent, be he was stealing my heart. I fell in love in the back of a cop car." Spring finished, kissing his husband softly. When they heard a squeal, the two pulled away, looking at their daughter. Plushie's eyes sparkled as tears filled them, a wide smile shown.
         "That was so cute! Is that how you really fell in love?" She said, her hands clasped tightly to her chest.
         "Yes baby girl, that's how we fell in love." Spring said, squeezing his lover's hand. "Now. How about you and Shade?" He asked, causing his daughter to blush.

  "There was something about the way the blue lights were shining, bringing out the freedom in your eyes. I was too busy watching you going wild child to be worried about going to jail. You were thinking that running for it would make a good story, I was thinking you were crazy as hell. You were so innocent, but you were stealing my heart. I fell in love in the back of a cop car."

NightBear15 signing off...