Mother's Day

Spring ran around the house, putting things here and there for a special day. Goldie watched from afar, giggling softly to himself as he drew with their son Plushtrap.
         "Spring, I think it's perfect enough." The golden bear laughed, looking back at his drawing.
         "I know, but it's your day! I want it to be as special as possible." Spring replied, fixing the roses in a vase on the table.
         "That is very sweet of you, and I think it's perfect just the way it is." Goldie said, placing his hand on top of Spring's. The older male smiled at him, giving his lover a kiss on the lips. It would've lasted longer, but a groan in protest from their eight-year-old son cut it short. Plushtrap gave a look of disgust and crossed his arms.
         "You know Plush, one day you'll know what it's like to be in love." Goldie said, making his son glare at him.
        "I will not! Love is gross!" Plushtrap exclaimed. His parents laughed, knowing he'll come around when he's older. Goldie suddenly got an idea, casting a glance at Spring before grabbing his shirt and kissing him passionately. The older male was confused but didn't waste time, kissing him back. Goldie glanced at his son, who was bright red and trying to cover his eyes with his ears. The two pulled away and Goldie laughed again, walking over and placing a kiss on Plushtrap's head before walking into the kitchen. Spring followed, something finally crossing his mind.
         "Goldie, have you talked to Plushie lately?" He asked. Goldie stopped, swallowing before sighing.
         "I'm afraid to say that I haven't. Her and Shade have had their hands full lately with getting things prepared." He sighed again. "I just miss her so much..." He sniffled, hugging his husband tightly.
         "I know baby... I miss her too. Who knows? She might show up as a surprise. You know how she is." Spring said. Goldie rubbed his eyes and laughed slightly.
         "Y-yeah... It's hard to believe my baby girl is all grown up now, living a life with Shade..." He said. He looked at the clock. "I think it's about time to get dinner started."
         "Ah ah ah, my dear. It's Mother's Day, meaning it's your day to relax. I'll get dinner started. You go and finish drawing with Plushtrap." Spring said, shooing his lover out of the kitchen. Goldie rolled his eyes and smiled.
         "Fine..." The younger male huffed, kissing Spring's cheek. "Whatever you say love." He walked back into the dining room, ruffling his son's hair, which caused him to giggle.
         "Hey mom! Look what I made for you!" Plushtrap squealed, holding up a well decorated card. "Happy Mother's Day!!" it exclaimed in large bright colors, hearts littering the cover. On the inside, it read "There's no one like you! I'm lucky to call you my mom!" complete with Plushtrap's name scrawled at the bottom. The card brought tears to his eyes, threatening to fall as Goldie gave him a big hug.
        "Thank you buddy! I love it so much!" He said, walking over to the windowsill. He place the card on it, the sunlight making it appear brighter. The golden bear smiled in content, his smile faltering when his phone rang.
         "Hello?" He asked after answering. It was silent for a moment, but panicking could be heard on the other end, Goldie's eyes widening as new news was shared. "Yeah! We'll be there!" He said, hanging up. "Spring! Get your tail in the truck! Plushie's in the hospital!" There was a crash and a string of curse words before Spring walked out.
         "Well let's go! Come on guys!"

~~~

  Goldie ran through the doors to the hospital, running up to the front desk.
        "My daughter, where is she?!" He asked, slamming his hands on the counter. The nurse barely had time to answer before Shade ran up.
       "Glad you guys are here. Come on, I'll take you to her." He said breathlessly, leading them through  the halls. The four approached the room Plushie was in. "I need to warn you. She is all out of energy right now, and she's really tired. So she may be a bit snappy."
        "It doesn't matter. I need to see my daughter..." Goldie growled. Shade nodded and opened the door. Inside, Plushie laid in bed, sweaty and dry tears stuck to her cheeks. She smiled slightly, a small bundle in her arms. Everyone walked in, and Goldie walked and stood by his daughter.
        "H-hi mom..." Plushie said softly, her voice wavering slightly. "Happy Mother's Day..."
        "Thanks sweetheart..." Goldie replied, brushing her bangs out of her eyes.
        "I'd like you all to meet someone very special..." The young female said, moving the blanket in her arms and revealing a small bear. Spring, Shade, and Plushtrap walked over; getting a better view of the newborn.
         "She's so tiny..." Plushtrap said softly, leaning in closer.
         "She's a preemie... She's a couple months early..." Shade said, rubbing Plushie's shoulder.
         "Does she have a name yet?" Spring asked, wrapping his arms around Goldie.
         "We decided to name her... Shadzie..." Plushie said, sitting up the best she could. "Wanna hold her, mom?" Goldie was at a loss of words.
         "I-I would love to..." He finally said, taking his new grandchild in his arms. Tears were cascading down his face holding the small child in his arms, having not held a child since Plushtrap was born.
         "She is just so precious..." Spring said softly, rubbing Goldie's shoulders slightly.
         "Yeah... She is..."

~~~

  A couple hours later and they're still at the hospital. Plushie had fell asleep not too long, having been tired from having a baby. Shade sat next to his wife while holding Shadzie, Spring held a sleeping Plushtrap, but was also sleeping, and Goldie just stared off.
        "I think we're going to head home, Shade... It sure was a great day today, but we need to make dinner." Goldie said softly, waking up Spring.
        "Alright... It sure was kind of you guys to stop by. Thank you..." Shade replied, looking up at the golden bear. Goldie walked to the door, Spring in tow.
        "I wouldn't have missed it for the world..." He paused, looking back at the shadow rabbit. "And Shade?" He called.
        "Yeah?"
        "Tell Plushie I said 'Happy Mother's Day', will you?"
        "Count on it..." With that, Goldie and his family walked out, off to finish Mother's Day.

  Happy Mother's Day everyone!!

NightBear15 signing off....