Life...

Ten-year-old Goldie Fazbear ran as fast as he could, dodging people and things as he did. He had to make it... He just had to. The red fabric tied around his waist flapped in the wind, adding a splash of color to his crisp white karate outfit. He made it to the park, a thought of hope crossing his mind when he knew he was almost there, only for it to be ripped away when he ran into someone. The small golden bear shook his head, looking at just who he ran into. It was another male. A golden-green rabbit with warm gray eyes and scars, holding out a hand for the smaller male to take.
       "Sorry about that. Are you ok?" The rabbit asked, offering a small smile. Goldie smiled back, taking the other boy's hand and stood up.
       "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks..." He said, brushing off his uniform. "I'm Goldie."
       "I know. My name's Spring. It's nice to meet you." Spring replied. "Where are you headed to?"
       "Oh, I have a karate match to get to, and I'm kinda late..."
       "That sounds cool! But why take on karate?" Spring asked.
       "So people can like me..." Goldie said softly, rubbing his arm slightly.
       "But you don't need to do that. Plenty of people like you."
       "Oh yeah? Like who?" Spring's face flushed, and so did the younger male's. Goldie's ears perked for a second as he heard a clock chime from afar, and gasped
       "It's two o'clock! Oh no... I'm too late..." He sniffled, tears forming in his eyes as he sat down on the grass. "I-I have to go home empty handed..."
       "Not completely..." Spring said softly, kneeling and holding out half of a cookie. Goldie smiled and took it, nibbling on it as the older male sat down next to him and ate the other half.
       "What would you do if you were me?" Goldie asked, glancing over.
       "After doing what you did? Sleep until I'm forty." Spring replied, earning a small giggle from the golden bear.
       "No... I mean about life." He giggled, leaning back on his hands.
       "Well. Live it."

~~~

  Goldie and Spring have grown closer as the days went on. They would play at the park and push each other on the swings. They laughed and enjoyed each other's company.
        "That one kinda looks like you!" Spring said, pointing up at the sky at a cloud. Goldie giggled and smiled.
        "Well, that one kinda looks like you!" The smaller male retaliated, pointing at a different cloud.
        "And that one looks like a heart!" The two said together, looking at each other and blushing.

~~~

  Years later, and they're teens now. Spring nervously approached the front door to Goldie's house, flowers in hand as he rang the doorbell. A tall brown bear with hazel eyes and glasses opened the door, a glare in his eyes as he slammed the door, leaving Spring on the porch. The rabbit sighed, turning on his heel and walking away. Goldie's dad never did like him.

~~~

  Goldie is sixteen and Spring had just turned eighteen. The two sat in Spring's truck as they looked at the view of the city.
        "It's beautiful... Isn't it?" Goldie asked softly, reaching over and grabbing Spring's hand.
        "It is... But not as beautiful as you... I love you." Spring said, leaning closer. Goldie followed, smiling slightly.
        "I love you too Spring..." And their lips connected in a passionate kiss. Their first to be precise. They pulled away and Goldie moved closer, laying his head on Spring's shoulder.

~~~
        "No! You never asked me what I wanted!" A now eighteen-year-old Goldie yelled, opening the front door and walking out with a suitcase. "I'm tired of you telling me how to live my life!" Goldie's parents followed him out, his father glaring him down and his mother about to break out in tears. The young golden bear walked down to the sidewalk, walking away from his home. Across the road, the front door to Spring's house shot open, the older male thrown from the house as well as his suitcase. Spring looked back, facing the cold eyes of his dad before he walked back into the house and slammed the door. He sighed, grabbing his stuff and looking at Goldie. The two met at the road and smiled sadly at each other, Spring offering his hand.

  The two now have their own place. Spring made the two some dinner as Goldie walked out of the bathroom after taking a shower.
         "What now Goldie?" Spring asked as they ate. Goldie looked over, a small smile on his lips.
         "What now? We live life..."

~~~

         "I am pleased to say that you two are going to be parents." A doctor said to the couple. Goldie, who sat in a chair, gasped and hugged his lover, Spring kindly returning the affection. The two stopped, realizing they were missing a key feature in life. Marriage.

~~~

  The two stood at the alter holding each other's hands. Goldie looked back at the audience and at the two empty seats. One for his mom and one for his dad. He sighed, looking back at Spring when he felt something slide on his ring finger. A gold band sat there now, causing the golden bear to smile as he took the other band, sliding it on Spring's. They were married now, the two kissing to seal the deal. Now they can start a family...

~~~

  Spring held a small bundle in his arms as Goldie slept in a bed. A tiny golden-green hand reached out from the blanket, wrapping around Spring's finger. He smiled, staring at his newborn baby girl. Goldie opened his eyes for a moment, smiling at his husband before his eyes slipped closed again...

~~~

Goldie and Spring walked up to their new house, a small home just perfect for for the new family. They fixed it up just the way they wanted it. While Spring was painting the outside; Plushie, a six-month-old golden bear with a golden-green accent color and warm gray eyes, started walking. The older male gasped, alerting his lover immediately. Goldie came rushing out, smiling as he seen his baby girl taking her first steps. He hugged his husband, watching her walk around, realizing she's starting to grow up.

~~~

  Plushie is now four, a hyperactive toddler. She stood against the wall of her bedroom as Spring took her measurement.
         "You're getting to be big Plushie." Goldie said as he took a look at the previous measures. Plushie giggled, taking the pencil from Spring's hand and marking where he was standing, making both Goldie and Spring laugh.

  Later, the two were watching t.v. on the couch while Plushie took her nap. Goldie kept glancing from the screen to his lover, forming a sentence in his mind. He had to tell him... He just had to.
        "Hey Spring?" Goldie asked, looking at the older male.
        "Yeah?" The rabbit replied, turning towards the smaller male.
        "What are your thoughts on another child?"

~~~

  It was October now. A week ago, the family welcomed a new member to their family, a tiny male golden-green bunny they named Plushtrap. Plushie was happy to have become a big sister, staring intently at the newborn. Goldie was in the kitchen making dinner while Spring watched the kids. The golden bear looked out at his family, smiling at the sight. He still couldn't believe that this all started with bumping into Spring at the park years ago. But now, he has a wonderful husband and a wonderful family...

  What a good choice...

NightBear15 signing off...