Don't post and ask in clubs.

As a fellow club member (sometimes I'm silent like a ghost lol!) I've seen many readers asking for reads.

"Hey I'm a new writer and I made a story so could you check it out?"

"Can anyone suggest any books for me?"

"Can you check out my book and give some constructive critic? I need it and also I can read your book in return."

"*Inserts title* This book summary summary summary blah blah blah... *Puts book link*"

"Go to my profile and read my book please."

NO! STOP!!!

Didn't you ever see the pinned thread that clearly says RULES AND GUIDELINES? It's right there!

For the newbies and first timers who visit the clubs, I understand you didn't know which I guess it's fine at first but know that next time when you come to a club, read the rules first. It's simple and you can see with your very own eyes.

To the ones who do it on purpose, are you freaking serious?! Don't advertise like spammers even if you want to be notice (Oh Senpai~!). I do admit one time I was like you but ONE TIME! And never did I ever done that.

But I kind of understand why Wattpadders do that.

To get yourself (as a writer) notice by people.

To get some reads or votes.

You want your book to shine like the other popular books many Wattpadders read.

Other: ________________

I feel you. It's hard to bring the attention you want whether the book is good or not, but rules are rules. 

Imagine this, the thread is your house and you and other guests are "sitting" in a circle formation, chatting about the topic you created on your door. It's all fun and games until...knock knock!

There's another member here! No, wait, it's a uninvited guest! No one expected this (heck, even you didn't know!) but this intruder just barged in without your permission

There's another member here! No, wait, it's a uninvited guest! No one expected this (heck, even you didn't know!) but this intruder just barged in without your permission. What is he/she doing here? He/she came into your house just to promote something and that's it! Like a salesmen or church people (No offense to them but you need to stop coming when we say "no").

You got annoyed or couldn't care less but here comes another one and another one and another one coming in through your open door.

 Right? Absolutely yes.

So that's why rules are there. I know some of you don't agree with some rules Wattpad made but think about it. What are the main thread titles for? Does it relate to the topic? Are asking reads or promoting really part of what they talk about or does it say about yourself?

Now for you readers who are reading this, these are the basic simple rules to know (if you are confused by the official rule)

1. No promoting yours or any Wattpadd book with the link.

2. No asking read for read or vote for vote.

3. You can't say check your book or go to your profile because in a way that's also self-advertising. (sorry)

4. No bullying or swearing too much or being a dirty pervert. (Grandma Wattpad is watching you!)

5. Don't "Bump" too much or you look like you're beating a race for top thread.

6. If your thread is old and not active, don't bring it back.

See? Just simple rules of DON'T.

Now here's what you can do.

1. In any genre you pick, you can tell about what your book is about. Not like a summary but like what kind is it. Example: (You're in the Teen Fiction) I have one Teen fic and it's about a heroine whose moving to a foreign country and journeys through life with romantic fun.

2. You can post Gifs or youtube link but don't post a lot of it in one page (and no dirty stuff. Keep it PG people).

3. You can promote your stories ONLY in this (pinned) thread of any genre. Share Your Stories. (NOTE: Every week Monday (?) they refresh for new dates which means you have to post your story again.)

4. You can talk about the books that aren't Wattpad (Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Twilight, etc..) but not in the Cafe.

So there you have it! (I think that's all)

That's it for rants and comment away but don't fight please. Also, if there's mistakes well tell me but this is a rant book so you don't really need to...eh, whatever, just point out the mistakes I made.

Bye and happy reading! ^v^/

3/20/2016