Movie review- Death Note (Netflix version)

Tonight I finished watching Death Note movie. The live action, Netflix, Canadian or American version and mind you that I love cheesy movies. Seriously, I liked Dragonball and Last airbender but I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Just watch it for myself *Chuckles*

I also never read nor watched the anime/manga but I did watched the Japanese version of Death Note movie (except the latest one that has new characters) and drama.  

Now before I go on I have rules and if you didn't read my AOT part 1 review then let me repeat.

Please respect my reviews but do tell your opinions. Remember, DO NOT BASH ME.

The reviews may or not have SPOILERS so take this as a warning and get out with your eyes closed.

(I wanted a gif of person running out the door with eyes closed but couldn't find it)

Never tell me the sequel or any related movies as that's spoiling. Yes I am a spoiler reader myself but ASK ME FIRST.

And that's about it (or have I forgotten something?)

Easy right?

Then off with the Pros and Cons!

CONS

L: His outfit is sort of a ninja looking while the original L wears only white shirt and jeans and what's the point of putting a mouth cover on if you were going to reveal to Light your face?

He gets emotional like a normal human being which is disappointing 'cause the original L doesn't.

Correct me if I'm wrong the manga L has Mysophobia doesn't he? Ok, I might be wrong on that. Sorry.

Since when he did parkour?

Light: Just like L, he isn't too clever or smart as the original Light but he isn't dumb either.

Since he's a teenager he sure acts like a teen with raging anger.

Makes out with Mia (a lot) whenever they go on a killing spree.

Shows someone the work of death note which is so stupid! Like if you wanted an accomplice I get it but after discovering yourself and then go "Hey, want to see something cool? I'll show you" is such a dumb move!

Since when Light did parkour?

Mia (Western version of Misa): Makes out a lot with Light.

Yeah, that's it. XD

Ryuk: Just his face look like a troll with gorilla hands.

Plot: The starting felt fast and maybe the dialogue was a little weird. And can I say who put the idea to place Light's house by the train tracks! Like I saw one house from HGTV that was really located by the train tracks but what's the point of putting his house by the train? 

Also when L makes speech to provoke Kira he concealed himself and modified his voice, not appearing himself in public.

And why do you add a make out scene every time "killing time" comes? This isn't some hospital drama!

PROS

L: I did give the con of his outfit but to be honest it looked cool... I want to wear that *Mumbles*

He eats sweets which is a must and excellent!

I never learned Japanese but the way he spoke sounds fluent but this one I might be wrong.

Light: Just like Eren in the live action, I like his vulnerable personality rather than being too righteous and narcissistic. Don't get me wrong but there's a bit similar personality of the original Light in there.

Mia: If I'm being honest here Misa is too clingy but there's a reason why she adores Light/Kira. However I prefer Mia since their personality are different but there's a bit similarity like original Light and Western version of Light.

She's cunning. Like watch the climax part. Smart girl and twisted.

Ryuk: Love he's the same and William Defoe (aka Green Goblin) is such a perfect match for Ryuk!

The pronunciation of his name is on point! (Unlike Last airbender... Yeah, you know his name is Aang, not Uung)

Plot: So the Parkour scene was cool but it's not extreme parkour. It's more of a cat chasing mouse. 

The twisted plot was really surprising and if a sequel happens then I'm interested for it. 

Did I mention Ryuk's awesome voice and how Light pronounced it right!

Diversity! It's not whitewash exactly.

With that conclusion the final score is... Three stars!

Overall the movie's start was a little frustrating but the climax and end turned out to be good so I forgive and waiting for a soon-to-be sequel. And since it's a adaption with more of their telling then the original manga or Japanese version of the movie, it's not bad. 

This ends my not-a-rant-but-move-review. Tell me how did you think of the movie and please do not bash my opinions of writing and have respect.

9/3/2017