And the Watty goes to...

This spring or summer Wattys is coming! Which means Wattpadders are training their fingers for the Olym- I mean for the Watty sticker award!

Yeah, that's right, who's excited to enter?!

Hold on there. First, a few basic rules to participate and they are...

1. Follow TheWattys

2. Tag your book Wattys2016 (and also hashtag #Wattys2016 for your supporter or friends to notice)

3. This year rules hasn't been posted yet but check the 2015 (you may never know if the rules are same)

That's it. Also one small thing, share with other authors or force- let your family or friend's try Wattpad or make them tweet your book.

Now back to ranting.

So last year's Wattys (and maybe the previous too) the winners were announced and I was happy to see two of my favorite and friends have won. I also gave congrats to the other winners who I never read (sorry about that). There were some Wattpadders who didn't win congratulated them which is friendly and good writersmanship (think sportsmanship but for authors). Now that's what a contest is about.

BUT...there are some rude people who just can't be positive.

"Wattys is unfair. There are good writers here with low reads but you give award those books?"

"I feel like the judges aren't judging at all since there are many books so they must have picked by random."

"Only the popular ones won. Watty is unfair."

Well excuse you!

Let me tell you something about the Wattys. First of all, how do you know if they judge or pick randomly? You don't work there and readers like you are also judges because you guys voted. And yeah there are tons of books so why are you complaining when the Wattys are- Listen carefully- Held yearly

You might be sad that half the people didn't won because the other half did. Well for goodness sake, maybe next time the half people you want to win might win in that year and then the next year is the different half and another and another and so on! 

So the books with low reads is well written but you think Wattpad isn't showing support or notice? Well what you readers? Yeah, low reads means that only a few people read it. Instead of complaining that popular books have won why didn't you before help the low reads books get more higher? Like you could have use social media and spread all over, you could have team up with other Wattpadders and gain reads on the book or simply message to your followers saying "hey, this book deserves a Watty and let's make it happen". And even if it still haven't won, there is always next year!

So next time there's a winner don't be complaining about it instead try again next time or try to support more for your author.

I haven't won yet but at least I'm trying and show my writesmanship to the winners. So why don't you guys too, ok?

This ends my rant.

3/27/2016