Competition (EXO-Luhan ft Sehun)

This is for ThatsMyInnocentDeer.

"Lulu~" you chase after your best friend luhan, who had stolen your cell phone and is now running across the playground you two had your "playdate" in, playing a game you didn't wanna play.
You stop running, tired and heaving, and rest your hands on your legs. "Luhan it's not funny give it back!"
He sits atop the monkey bars, typing in your cellphone and smiling. "It is when I've locked your phone for three hours." He laughs and throws your phone to you, jumping off the money bars and jogging towards you. You catch your phone, eyes widening as you realized he really did lock it for three hours. "Luhan! Why?????"
He's taken aback by how upset you are, not knowing you cared for your phone this much. "Because...well, I brought you here because I wanted to spend time with you. And you were on your phone. And I didn't really feel like you wanted to be here. I'm sorry." He sits down and looks at the ground, beating himself up for doing that. He just wanted to have some quality time with you, especially when this is the day he was gonna ask you to prom. You'd been best friends for years, and he's never showed you he had any interest in you, but it's always been there. From the day he met you he knew he would marry you. The way you laughed, how your eyes would brighten up whenever you saw him - it had to be fate, right?
But you've always seemed to prefer sehun, his old friend and your new other best friend. Sehun left luhans side to go to yours, and Sehun knew all about Luhan's feelings too. He made sure to make it clear to them that he wouldn't give up their friendship for nothing- He likes you and he's not gonna let luhan get in his way. So he better stay out of it, or they both might lose her. And so he did. Because he was was a good friend. But after all those years of holding in feelings, seeing sehun flirt with you everyday, it just got to him and his feelings returned with a passion like never before. So that's why he's got to ask you to prom before sehun. Before you go with someone who gave up a friendship so effortlessly just to get what he wanted. You wouldn't be good with a guy like that. You were so caring, so kind to luhan and forgiving to sehun whenever he was rude. Sehun doesn't deserve you. He doesn't either, but at least he and you click better than sehun.

You look up, putting your phone in your pocket and smile at luhan, a weak, forced smile but still a bit of happiness nonetheless. "Hey, don't feel bad. There's nothing we can do now, so how about we play? Talk? Do something?"
He looks up, smiling, and nods. "I'd like that."
You take his hand and lead him over to the playground, and though he would be blushing he's learned to hide his blush after all these hears. Instead he just relishes having your hand in his. You two go up to the jungle gym and climb to the top, sitting at the top together. "Oh, I didn't know it would be cold up here. Maybe we should go down." The wind blows through your hair and clothes and makes you cold, and you shift uncomfortably. Luhan grabs your arm, preventing you from moving, and then wraps his arm around you with his jacket just as quickly. You blush a little at the sudden closeness, but it goes away soon. Neither of you speak for a moment, basking in the warmth. His voice breaks through the silence in a melodic tone like when he sings. "S-sorry. I like it up here, I don't want to go down. Here...it's just us. There...it's us and the kids, and and the moms, and did the squirrels and everything else making noise."He chuckles a little bit, and it matches Your laugh, making a subtle melody.
Again, no one speaks, but it's nice. He's right. Up here its just you and him. Although you both can tell that this might not be the most platonic thing, neither of you really mind. In fact, you like it a lot. Though you've been friends for years, you can't help but feel that crush you had on him when you first met him coming back. You always thought his feelings were plationic, so you never put much thought into it and it went away. It's the best way to make sure you don't get hurt. In fact, you thought you were developing feelings for someone else- but it's moments like this where you wonder if you should follow them or ditch them and risk it all- your friendship and your Heart- for luhan.