(UP10TION-Wei) saucey

You wiped the sleep from your drooping eyes as you stared at the lcd clock on the far wall of the seating area. 2:00 am; four hours to go. Your head was starting to become heavy on your hand, too much for you to hold on your own. just four more hours, then you can go home and sleep. it'll become easier, you hope, to stay awake. this was only your fourth shift. it was boring, but you needed the money ever since you moved out to live on your own. and besides, it was easy work. there weren't too many customers. there was no one now; maybe you could spare a couple minutes. or more.

"drive thru." your stoned coworker shouted at you, causing you to jump a little. you gruggishly shuffled your way over to the window, checking the time on the screen. 2:05. you sighed.

"hi, welcome to lotteria, may i take your order?" you were sure you slurred your words, but if someone is coming through the drive thru at 2:00 am, they usually are too.

"yea, hi, uh, how much for some sauce?"

you laughed softly to yourself. you were wayyy too sleep deprived. were you asleep? was this a dream?

"I'm sorry, sir, did you say sauce?"

the air was quiet for a moment.

"yea. how much for like... fifteen lotteria sauces?"

"...they're free."

"alright, nice, ill just take that then."

you were way too tired to deal with this, but you went to go get the sauces anyway. you shoved them in a bag and went to the window again. the car that pulled up was an ugly sedan, that held a not so ugly boy, who looked to be around your age.

you squinted at him as you threw him the bag. "hey, not to be rude...but why?"

he laughed a little. "well, i got up at 1 to pee but then i was hungry so i ate some leftovers and was so sleepy i didnt see i was using the last of my roomates lotteria sauce, and kogyeol basically drinks the stuff so i know hes gonna beat my ass if he wakes up and sees theyre all gone

you blinked.

"hey, uh, do you take tips?" he reached around in his sweatpants for his wallet, then hands a $5 bill to you.

you took it. "why are you giving me this?"

he smiled shyly. "you put up with me."

you snorted and set your face on your hand again, this time not of sleepiness, but to admire the cute, lanky boy a few feet away from you.

"pffft. this made my night. you have no idea how boring it gets."

"oh, in that case, would it be weird if i came in and kept you company for a little bit? i couldnt sleep anyway, and my roomate doesnt have to be up till seven, and youre... also really cute."

You laughed as he muttered the last part.

"it would be weird but it would also be fun; just dont make a mess because I will kick you out." you squinted at him again and he nods. he pulls into the parking lot and finds a spot near the door, then turns his car off and gets out.

"customer." your coworker was so helpful. and loud.

you brushed your hair back with your fingers as you met the cute boy at the counter.

"woah. you're tall." he was tall and skinny, but it worked. he was geek chic, something you were fond of. he was so tall, yet seemed to shrink back in his giant hoodie as he tried to reply.

"yea. i get that a lot.' you laughed at his lame joke and he looked around at the restaurant. 'do you...wanna grab a booth?"

you nodded and tried to hop over the counter, first hopping up so you were sitting on it, then moving so you were facing him, and then you pushed yourself off. only, you forgot you had just mopped there. so when your foot hit the floor, you slipped, and fell.

shes beauty, shes grace...

" you almost fell on your fukin face dummie." it was all a blur, you have never been so close to death, truly the worst moment of your almost cut short life.

he had stepped in to catch you right before you hit your head. you looked up into his brown eyes, the world slowing for a second. he was so cute. youre glad you almost got a concussion.

"are..are you ok?" he was blushing a little as he helped you stand.

"yea. are you?" you teased him, but you were also sweaty and nervous and wow he h e l d y o u.

"i dont know yet." he shifted his weight from one foot to the other and looked you up and down. "are those pajama pants?" he broke out in a grin.

"H-Hey. you're the guy who came to lotteria at 2am just for sauce!"

"or you could call me wei."