(BTS- V) Home is where you are

TRIGGER WARNING: ANGST, DROWNING, DEATH, HEARTBREAK, HOPELESS THOUGHTS, HOSPITAL

This was requested by YoonminShip. I hope you like it!

"Surely you're joking."

your best friend in the entire world, kim taehyung, with his messy brown hair and his square smile- that make him look even cuter with the hint of blush at his cheeks-, stared down at you as you both walked the boardwalk to the beach. It was your favorite place to go, always has been and even more since you started living together. Your parents got divorced earlier this year, and though its been hard, youve had taehyung by your side through all of it. He took you in, and comforted you, and you cant say thank you enough. But its not the only thing you cant say.
Youve had a crush on him for years now-ever since he showed you his cheeky smile and laugh you've been hooked. And hes just been reeling you in faster and faster it seems these days. But he wont hear it. Youve tried hinting, started off with simple compliments. Now you were flat out telling him you liked him, but he never took you seriously. Part of you wonders if this is his way of letting you down nicely. You'll have to have a talk with him later, if you have the courage.

His hand in yours may not be the most platonic thing ever, but its not like you were looking for platonic, and he didnt see it as more than that so theres no problem. You squeeze his hand and shake your head.

"Taehyung youre the joker in this pair."

Taehyung laughs again, that clear melodic sound that makes your entire soul light up.

"Are you sure? I am talking to the same person that put a fake cockroach in my locker? "

You laugh loudly, remembering the incident. He screamed so loud. But then, so did you, when he was chasing you down the hallway.

"Ok. Im not so innocent. But taehyung, are you really stupid enough to think no one likes you?"

You try to keep your tone even. You dont know how this will go.
He goes serious, thinking.

"I..."

He looks up to the sunset and checks his watch.

"We should be getting home."

your heart falls, but you're used to it. you suck it up and look up to him, nodding. you pretend it was a joke, its better than being rejected and making things awkward between you two. you smile and look up at him, squeezing his hand.

"can we watch a movie tonight?"

his smile returns and he nods, turning and walking back to the house.

"neh. what movie? no horror movies this time I dont want you to cry again."

you gasp and hit him, giggling again. your happy mood was back. as long as you can ignore all the rejections, your friendship will stay strong. youd rather have his friendship than nothing.

"aniya!! you were the one that was crying not me!!!"

he laughs and rubs where you hit, then ruffles your hair and sighs.

"ok ok. maybe. can we just agree no horror movies?"

"neh."

so you go home and watch a movie, and the next week you do the same thing and the next week you actually switch it up and play video games instead-
but its still heartbreaking every time you and he stand under the sunset and he passes off your confessions as jokes. sometimes he gets flustered. sometimes he doesn't say anything at all. you wonder if he knows you like him, and he doesn't want to ruin your friendship. if not, then hes torally clueless to your advances and can't take a compliment. But with taehyung, you don't know if that would be surprising.