Chapter Six || It's Cool

______________________
Stay on my mind like all the time
So every night I end up at your door
Hope that's cool
Cause I'm really not trying to
Impose but I suppose that
I'm supposed to be here with you
With eyes as sad as mine I think you'll find
You need me just like I need you, yeah
But it's cool - Jhene Aiko
____________________

Kamille Riley Paige

"Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy! I wanna watch cawtoons pwease." Raegan pestered as she jumped up and down on my bed, in attempts to get me up and out of my deep slumber. I was tempted to ignore her little butt and just go back to sleep as I was, but I knew she was bored. She got bored with things easily, so I gave in to her pleads. I pushed all of the bedroom covers back off of my body and sat up completely in the bed. After rubbing my face rid of sleep, I looked over next to me at the most pretty puppy dog look that I had ever seen in my twenty four years of dear life. I chuckled lightly and grabbed her into my arms before tickling her small stomach. She was a very silly little girl most of the time, very.

"I'm up baby girl, mommy is up. What do you want to watch anyway?" I asked as I stopped tickling her and just sat there, holding her in my arms. She put on her thinking face with her hand stuck close by her mouth as she thought. After a couple seconds of her in deep thinking, she finally grinned as she gave me a look that told me off the back, what she wanted me to put on for her to watch. I knew my child like the back of my hand, as I should and did. I made it a big priority of mine to know my child, her wants, plus needs. No, it's not that I wanted recognition or any of that, it's just because she was my heart and I'd do anything for her, plus some. I know I speak about my child a lot, but why not? She was mine and I took pride in being a mother to a beautiful little baby girl.

"Doc McStuffins it is then Raegan," I winked as I got the remote control and turned on her favorite show, it was just something about this little girl and stuffed animals that always kept her attention

"Doc McStuffins it is then Raegan," I winked as I got the remote control and turned on her favorite show, it was just something about this little girl and stuffed animals that always kept her attention. I really loved the fact that she was interested in the show honestly. There was finally a very good cartoon out there with a pretty African American child, displaying a sense of unique positivity for our kids to watch, versus all of the bad things that seemed to appear on television screens these days.

Once I was sure that she was comfortable in bed and watching her show, I climbed out and headed for the bathroom to perform my very own morning routine. I quickly went ahead and brushed my teeth, cleansed my face, and took a quick shower while I was inside. I got out and dressed in a black Nike sports bra and a pair of matching yoga tights. This was my chill day attire and due to the enormous amount of storming that had started, Raegan and I would be in the house for the majority of today. I didn't mind it though, it was always a pleasure to be in the comforts of my very own home. I enjoyed it dearly to be honest.